Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Cold and low grade fever.scared
    Well... I believe I've caught a cold which makes me very nervous. I have it all, stuffy nose, sneezing, cough, headache, and I had a low grade fever last night. I'm 9.3 weeks, is this going to be harmful to my baby? I also woke up this morning without being nauseous or vomiting which is out of the norm since for the past 3 weeks I've been nauseous ALL day and vomit on average about once a day. Thanks for any advice or tips... I'm going to call my doctor if the fever gets any higher and if my sickness isn't back by tomorrow. Just need some more reassurance. :o
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Nov 30, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Well I want to make you feel better...

It could be that your just over the morning sickness stuff. I have 2 - and it was like that. Just one day I got up & wasn't sick anymore.

And don't be concerned about catching a cold. Get you a humidifer, sip hot lemon tea, my doctor said I could take the little red pills (Sudafed - but of course ask your doctor). I think you are probably OK.

Also, please call your doctor and get some reassurance. I'm sure they are going to tell you something similar. I think you are FINE! And congratulations!

In my opinion you have not described anything that concerned me that you were going to have a miscarriage. Now if you have abdominal pain or bleeding then I would be really concerned for you.
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Nov 30, 2007, 12:52 PM
    Yer think you will be fine I had so many colds and had sickness bug once too. If you do get a really high temp do get medical advice.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Thanks to both of you! Mmmm hot lemon tea does sound good!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 01:19 PM
    From what I remember from pregnancies, it's not the cold that's dangerous, but what you take for it that could hurt the baby. Thus, I stuck to the chicken soup-humidifier-Vicks Vapo Rub-hot tea with honey and lemon remedies.
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Thanks wondergirl!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 02:56 PM
    Wondergirl is right on target here.

There are a few common illnesses that may harm your baby, but a cold or flu definitely will not.

Stuffy nose, sneezing and headache are all common during the first and third trimesters of pregnancy due to increased estrogen. It's the cough that is not common.

As far as the morning sickness goes, once the hCG hormone starts to decrease, the morning sickness goes away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 yr old with fever [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 year old has been running a temperature for the past couple of days. Motrin does help keep it down, but I'm concerned because he keeps complaing of having something in his mouth. Periodically he will start wimpering and tell me "get it out mama" and when I tell him that nothing is in his...

My dad's fever won't go away [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I need help. My dad has had a high fever for about four days now and it won't go away. He already went to the doctor but he won't take the medication. He says his body will just run its course. He's about 53 and in pretty good physical...

3yr. With low grade fever for 6 days [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My son is 3 yrs. Old and has had a low grade fever for 6 days now. I brought him to the doctors. 2 days ago and they found nothing. No strep, NO ear infection nothing. I don't understand why it isn't going away. Could he have new teeth coming in?

Starve a fever, feed a cold? [ 1 Answers ]

Been doing a search online about this. Is it just an old wives tale or is there any truth to this?

Hay fever [ 6 Answers ]

I've had hay fever since I was about 18. It isn't quite as bad now but still there. Has anyone ever outgrown it or does it tend to last for life?

View more questions Search