Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scuber Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 12:21 PM
    How to play the card game mhing
    My daughter and I came across my dads old card game called mhing. Its dated mid 1960's. We have the score sheets and the cards but that's it. Can anyone help?
    heathally Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 09:33 AM
    I was just playing Mhing with my mother yesterday. It's a great game, similar to rummy, but with more strategy involved. There are three suits plus what they call honor cards (winds and dragon cards) and flower cards. The flower cards are not used in play. When one is drawn, it is laid on the table directly and replaced by drawing another card. Basically they are considered extra points during the scoring phase. You are dealt 13 cards and the point is to be the first to go out by collecting 4 sets of 3 cards (sequences and triplets) and a pair. When you go out, you don't discard so you end up with 14 cards. Sequences are things like 1,2,3 of the same suit and triplets are three of the same number AND suit. You draw cards from the well or from the discard pile, but you can only draw from the discard pile if it complete a set of three for you. At that time, you have to lay the set of three on the table in front of you, but otherwise, you hold your cards in your hand until you are ready to go Mhing (go out). Unfortunately, the scoring system is rather complicated and would be difficult to explain. However, if you are willing, I would be happy to photocopy the rules and send it to you by snail mail. If you're not comfortable with that, I can try to find a way to scan them and attach them to a message on this board.
    Terri4714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 01:03 AM
    Hi Heathally

I've purchased a game of Mhing from a charity shop but unfortunately there are no instructions. I saw your post and wondered if it would be possible for you to send me a copy. I would really appreciate it if you could help.

Kind regards

Terri

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to play card game [ 6 Answers ]

Anybody will give me a link or tell me how to play card games , I am a newbie Cheers

Play The Candidate Match Game [ 26 Answers ]

The following quiz asks you 11 questions on various issues. Answer them and see how the presidential candidates match up with your point of view. Candidate match game - USATODAY.com

My game won't play normally even though I undated my ProSavage DDR video card driver [ 2 Answers ]

I am a complete computer idiot, but I love to play Sims on the PC. I installed Sims to a few years ago, but have never been able to play it normally. It is very slow, takes long time to load, and sometimes freezes, but not often. My friend said to download an update for my video card driver or...

Best software/hardware to play game [ 3 Answers ]

Hai there, I just bought new PC by ACER, using windows XP home edition, 256 RAM, 3.0MHz Intel Pentium4. My problem is there are some games I cannot play after download it such as Red Alert 2-Yuri Revenge and my PC will run slow/noisy while I'm playing Stronghold 2 and it will appear (encounter...

Do I play his game? [ 5 Answers ]

OK so my ex used me and I have lost alomost all my feelings for him but I would like to get back at him... and apparently I have the chance... I have just started talking to my ex's best mate (well he started texting me now we talk on msn nightly) and he tells me stuff about my ex... like...

View more questions Search