Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ipbrdg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Residential lease agreement
    I live in TX and recently signed a 12 months lease for an apartment. While looking over the lease a few days ago I discovered errors in the move-in date/year and move-out date/year. What should be Oct. 1st 2007 as the move-in date reads Oct.1st 2207; the move-out date/year is stated as Sept. 30th 2208 instead of Sept. 30 2008. I need to know is this still a binding lease agreement, especially since it has been signed? I didn't notice this until a few days ago. In addition to this discovery, I may have to move out before the lease term because of my recent job loss and the end of unemployment benefits. Any info on this topic will be appreciated. Thanks.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Nov 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Depends on the Judge you get. I would say that it would still be valid because you and the landlord both knew that you were signing a lease for this year regardless of what the date says. Also you both have been acting like it's a valid lease
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Since it is such a obvious error, basically it will be a binding lease, There is not much of a chance at getting out of it that way. You need to talk to the landlord and see if they will let you out.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 30, 2007, 01:38 PM
    I agree, such an obvious typo would not invalidate the lease. So you will need to see if the landlord will offer a buyout or you can sublet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease Agreement [ 2 Answers ]

We live in the state of Missouri and The landlord has put the townhouse up for sale and we have found another place to rent and would like to lease it before it is too late. If we break the lease before it is up will we be responsible for the remainder of the lease? Or has our landlord already done...

Lease agreement [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Tenent That Wants To Break His Lease Early What Do I Do

Information about breach of lease agreement and about breaking a lease... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been residing in the state of Georgia for almost a year. I moved from New York, I had never rented in New York so this is all new to me. Here's the issue, Me and my husband signed a lease on July to this apartment complex, at the time we thought it would be a lovely place to raise a...

Verbal Lease after written lease agreement - Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I had a signed lease with my renter from March 2006 to October 2006. In September he failed to pay rent due to him trying to get his son from Social Services. We verbally agreed to extend the lease to a month to month basis and him adding an additional $50.00 per month to make up for Septembers...

Lease Agreement [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Pinole CA. On October 16, 2006 I renewed my rental agreement for one year. The old one was due to expire on Nov. 30, 2006. The new agreement was effective on Dec. 1st, 2006. On Nov 29th my landlord put a revised rental agreement on door stating that she had did an audit and a mistake...

View more questions Search