Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thinblueline Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Debt collection in ontario canada
    Is there a time frame that a company has to come after you about a debt? I am being asked to pay immediately a debt from a college in 1999. Do I have to pay this, and if not, how do I go about it.?
    thinblueline Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thinblueline
    is there a time frame that a company has to come after you about a debt?? I am being asked to pay immediately a debt from a college in 1999. do i have to pay this, and if not, how do i go about it.??
    And what would cause an acknowledge of debt?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ontario Canada & Collection Agency ?'s [ 10 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have outstanding student loans from 1998. I am also a discharged bankrupt as of 2002... I know that the student loans are not erased by the bankruptcy. I am dealing with 2 differenct collection agency's. Due to the bankruptcy and now being separated from my husband...

Ontario Canada-Debt after death [ 4 Answers ]

Do the laws in Ontario require the children to be accountable to repay their parent's debts after their parent's death? If so, what steps can one take to protect themselves from incurring large debts owed by their parents? Parents have no assets. Children provided and paid for their housing...

SOL in Ontario for collection of old debt [ 8 Answers ]

Approx February 2005, at the time my husband and I had our own business it was incorporated. The company purchased supplies from a local company, we fell under financial difficulty and in the beginning of Jan 2006 we closed the business due to financial problems. I was just recently contacted in...

Unknown debt problem -- Ontario, Canada [ 4 Answers ]

NOTE: Prior to reading this, please note that I reside in Ontario, Canada. I would appreciate inpur from anyone with knowledge about our system. Hello, Myself and my wife have always prided ourselves on living within our means, minimizing debt, and our (up to now) excellent credit rating....

SoL Debt Collection in Ontario [ 2 Answers ]

I just had (Sprint Canada) call me stating that I have an outstanding debt from a residence I lived in about 7 years ago (1999). They told me that (Rogers) had bought out Sprint and that this was their last attempt to collect this debt. I asked them to send me proof of my debt with them, but...

View more questions Search