Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beckyboo48 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 09:23 AM
    I Think I'm pregnant but Negative result
    I am 20 and on BC for five years but my last week break (end of october) my period was very light with hardly any pain which is not normal for me that making my last 'normal' period the middle of September I may have been unprotected when had tummy bug at the end sept beginning of oct and now have a very strange feeling in my abdomen that doesn't hurt but like cramping, I'm peeing a lot, my boobs are tender, and I have lower back ache and I'm very tired all the time(sleep pattern hasn't changed) I have done a Pregnancy test but came back negative Am I Pregnant and if so how do I find out as doc surgery told me no longer do blood test at the surgery and told me to buy another Home test Please help!

Welcome any advice or experience as still taking BC until confirmed and 11 days to go left on packet!

Edit: I've never felt like this before and I know it sounds silly but I just feel pregnant!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 09:37 AM
    "feeling" pregnant isn't a good enough sign, as people ALL THE TIME psych themselves into thinking they are.

Likewise, a "strange", different, or skipped period doesn't mean you are... you, of course, could be... but again... there are A LOT of reasons you might miss your period or have an altered one...

People just assume the missed period causes sick feeling (due to preg), when sickness/tiredness/etc can be the cause of the altered period.

Unfortunately the only thing (ONLY THING) you can do is wait and take another test. A negative doesn't mean you are not... it means it tested negative for the amount of hormones that the test is sensitive for... meaning your levels might just be too low... so you wait and take another test.

Blood tests are more sensitive than home pregnant... but if you can't get a blood test then you just need to wait it out and try again later.

"feeling" pregnant might be a symptom of being pregnant or it might be nothing at all to do with pregnancy.

I know you want a better, clearer answer. There isn't one.

Dec 1, 2007, 03:35 AM
    Have all symptoms of pregnancy but negative HPT?
    I am 20 and on BC for five years but my last week break (Middle of November) my period was very light with hardly any pain which is not normal for me that making my last 'normal' period the middle of October I may have been unprotected when had tummy bug at the beginning of oct and now have a very strange feeling in my abdomen that doesn't hurt but like cramping, I'm peeing a lot, my boobs are tender, and I have lower back ache and I'm very tired all the time(sleep pattern hasn't changed) I have done a Pregnancy test but came back negative Am I Pregnant and if so how do I find out as doc surgery told me no longer do blood test at the surgery and told me to buy another Home test Please help!

If I was six pregnant though wouldn't it show on a test by now?

Welcome any advice or experience as still taking BC until confirmed and 11 days to go left on packet!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 03:39 AM
    I would stop taking BC and also stop having unprotected sex until you find out first of all. I would say you're not pregnant because of the negative test, but the test is not 100% accurate all of the time and may not be able to register the HCG pregnancy hormone yet. However, with the symptoms and a strange period, it is a possibility, the birth control pill is not 100%. What is doc surgery? You need to go see a real and professional doctor for a blood test, they WILL give you a blood test at an MD's office.

Dec 8, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Am I pregnant?
    I am 20 and on BC for five years but my last week break Middle of November I've been a bit bad with my pills for the last three maybe 4 packets (ovranette) including this one, taking them late or two in a day (v. forgetful) and I also had a sickness bug at the beginning of oct but continued to have sex throughout the packets I now have a very strange feeling in my abdomen (centre ish... ) that doesn't hurt but like cramping (like just before a period) and lower back pain since sun 25th (and v. light spotting on 25th I still have cramping now not as constant it comes and goes (I've also had some discharge & constipation sorry tmi) I went to the doc on Monday 3rd and had quantative blood test which was two but could this have been to early to test... I have 2 days left on pill packet and doctor said to carry on taking and then go back in a week if continue to feel this way. I'm in a long term relationship so there's no option if I am pregnant but I was just wondering please help!

Also should I expect fake period when week break occurs or would that stop on conception?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 8, 2007, 04:23 PM
    >THREE Threads Merged<
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Thank you Ben for merging these questions.

Becky, it is not necessary to post the same thing continually in different categories. Please keep it all right here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

14 Days late and Negative test result? [ 8 Answers ]

I am now two weeks late and have taken a total of three pregnancy tests. I just took one today. They aren't the cheap ones either I bought the clearblue tests. All of them come back negative. I have been spotting blood for the last week. Not fresh blood though. Im wondering what is going on?

Can I be pregnant and have negative urine tests? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone, This is my first time using this site. I am in need of answers, so please anyone that would be able to give me an answer is welcome. I am 30 years old, and I already have a 7 year old boy. I have a boyfriend that I have been seeing for a while. We had unprotected sex once. I...

Pregnancy Symptoms, Missed Period, Negative Test Result! [ 6 Answers ]

I was on birth control for about 3 weeks at the end of March/beginning of April. I stopped because I kept forgetting my pill and had 2 periods in the month of April. I was going to start again after my period in May so I could get back on schedule. I had intercourse during this time while I was...

Late period of 2 weeks but negative result [ 1 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I just have a few questions that I want to ask if anyone has got an answer canyou please message back. Well I have a late period of about 2 and a half weeks now. I took a HPT 5 days ago. I am going to take another one Sunday to see what that says as I have a few symptoms of pregnancy...

I might be pregnant but the recent test was negative [ 1 Answers ]

The last time I had sex with my now exboyfriend was around the first week of December. About a week later I had a full normal period which was 7 days long(normal). I started my current period Wednesday and by Friday I was no longer bleeding, not even spotting. :confused: This has never...

View more questions Search