Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    codynlyza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Parvo in dogs
    Can you use color safe bleach to clean up after a dog with parvo and have it be as effective?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Color safe bleach isn't registered as a disinfectant, so I would stick with regular bleach.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 12:26 AM
    P.S. Keep the dog away from the bleach, it's poison.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 04:23 AM
    If the bleach has sodium hypo chlorite as its active ingredient, it still should be fine. It is the one thing that will kill the parvo virus. You might take a look at The Virus in the Environment It is a link from the Woodhaven site I have found to usually be reliable. Some other material I have read suggest the virus is more persistent. I am sure this reference is trustworthy, Canine Parvovirus, What you should know about

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Parvo [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone had a dog with parvo... my new basset hound puppy has it we just found out today the breeder say that she didn't get it from there but we have only had the dog for 8 days and well she got sick on Saturday night. Also I have 2 other dogs at the house that aren't sick with parvo and one...

Could it be parvo? [ 2 Answers ]

My Puppie Is 8 Months Old And Has Started Acting Like He Has Parvo. Isn't He Too Old To Get Parvo?

Parvo virus in dogs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is Darlene and here is my story. I just lost my 10month old great dane to parvo he was hospitalized for 3 days before he passed I miss him terrible he passed on jan 21. My husband has just bought me a new great dane pup 8 weeks old I get him in a few weeks he has started his shots.I...

Parvo [ 5 Answers ]

My puppy recently died from parvo, I buried her in the back yard. I was told the parvo will never go away, how can I get rid of the Parvo? How long should I wait to get another puppy?

View more questions Search