Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ceasefire Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 09:39 PM
    Acne - Minocycline and Differin Gel
    I'm 18, male, and I have mild acne.

I recently went to the dermatologist and he prescribed Minocycline capsules, and Differin Gel. Does anyone have personal experience with either of these medications, or know anything about how they work? I got the doctor's explanation, but I am wanting a personal knowledge answer.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 30, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Sweetie, keep in mind that what works for one person might not work for another. Since people have different hormone levels, Differin Gel or Minocycline won't work for everyone. I think you should follow your dermatologist's advice and use the treatments as recommended. When a dermatologist prescribes acne treatments, they will monitor the patient's progress for side effects.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 06:13 PM
    My youngest son was prescribed Minocycline and he was on that for three months - his acne did clear up. Now my best friend's granddaughter was also prescribed this medication for acne and it did not do very well for her. Pretty Lady is right when she says what works for one may not for the other.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Dec 3, 2007, 06:31 PM
    I agree. I was on differen and it cleared up the acne on one side of my face only-odd I know
    Try it for yourself, keep us posted! I hope it works for you :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Acne [ 6 Answers ]

I have some questions regarding my skin uhmm because lately should I call some acne is appear or popping out in my back shoulders and I'm bother with it... what are some medicated treatment that I can buy them ocer the counter products to remove them.. Hope to hear from you guys out there...

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Melissa. I need some help. I have had acne for about 3 years and I want to get rid of it. Can you give me some ways to get rid of it?:confused:

Acne help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im 17 and I get bad Ance, I have tried most if not all of the over the counter items but Nothing really seems to work and Im going crazy please help:(

Acne [ 4 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old male and I've had facial acne for about 3-4 years now. I've always used oxy pads twice a day and the deep cleaning face wash every morning, but I'm not getting much better results. What products do you recommend for concealment and/or cure?

View more questions Search