Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    illinvest4u Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 03:57 PM
    401K In-Service Distributions
    Where can I find a list of Providers that allow 401k in-service distributions? I know there is a list out there somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thanks, Ed
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Ed - Remember that each employer's 401(k) plan is unique, and so provisions for loans and early withdrawals vary from employer to employer. I don't see how there could be a master list of features and attributes of all employers' plans across the country - it would have to be tens of thousands of entries long.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Why would you need that? That provision is a part of the company plan and will vary from company to company. I don't see someone changing jobs to find a plan that permits in service withdrawals. So I don't see what value such a list would have, even if one did exist.
    illinvest4u Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
    Thank you for your responses. Yes, the list is thousands of names long. However, it is not nearly as long as the list I have of "every" 401K, from Judy Diamond Associates. Yes, each company makes it's own terms and conditions for distributions, if any. Yet, some are more lax than others. The ones that are lax become good marketing tools, as 95% of the time the Rep is not servicing the clients of employers. And quite honestly, many 401K's are lousy! The client also needs LTC and Life Insurance, and so this also becomes a good marketing tool for cross sales.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Ahh so you are looking for clients to market services to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

LLC Distributions [ 1 Answers ]

What is the Equity section disclosure for LLC distributions to members? Does the distribution need to be disclosed on a separate line item or combined against members capital?

LLC Distributions [ 1 Answers ]

Do cash distributions have to be equivalent (per partner percentage) for each LLC partner during the year? If they do and they weren't, should I book a payable for the company?

View more questions Search