Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurlaurlum Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 03:03 PM
    why is he acting like this?
    One night this guy and I flirted while tipsy. I happen to have a huge crush on him and have trouble acting like myself around him. Hes never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl. He did flirt with me and our friends encouraged it, and some people (including ones who didn’t know about my crush) said I think he likes you and such. I almost told him everything. After the party I went to his room (next door) and said “Lets talk” I think he understood I meant seriously, but chickened out and left. He went “what happened” and then left me 2 voicemails one saying “Hope you got back to your room OK Ill IM you tomorrow” and he did right away the next morning. I thought these were good signs.
    But my one friend there that night told him Ive liked him since last year (he did this without ask me) He had good intentions. He told me “he said he doesn’t have feelings for you a 1000 people meddling didn’t help” and apologized, although apparently this guy would like to be friends. We weren’t by any means close before. Im a bit mad that I had to hear this through gossip (and no my friends aren’t lying) and that he wouldn’t tell me.
    The person who invited me to their hang out sessions ( the one who told me) has been acting funny towards me, Im not sure why, it might have nothing to do with me because he's been doing that to a lot of my friends too. Anyway, I don’t hang around them now.
    So I never see this guy anymore except for on passing when he says hi still. Two times when he has said hi, I haven’t been doing it to be mean, but I just don’t say hi outloud back. Im usually walking with other people and I look at him so its not like I'm ignoring him completely- I didn’t even think he’d notice. But the other day he asked my good friend randomly why when he says hi I don’t respond back so he did apparently notice. He then later a couple of days asked him “is she acting weird around you? She is with me” so he's clueless. I noticed today when my friend and I presented in front of the class he was looking away off in another direction. I just thought it was weird because when other people were presenting he focused his attention on them like you’re suppose to. I know you’ll say ask him, but things are so awkward now and I don’t see him a lot anyway. Im kind of wondering why he did all that stuff that one night and left me those messages- he was not really that drunk at all and everyone has told me he doesn’t even flirt back with girls when he's intoxicated. (I think that may be why people thought he liked me)
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Nov 29, 2007, 07:04 PM
    You said yourself that he has never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl. Maybe he's acting like this because he does like you. Maybe he doesn't really know how to be around girls. Give him time to do his thing. He doesn't seem to be comfortable around you because he may have feelings for you that he doesn't know what to do with. Be friends with him if you choose. You all could share some of the same interests, find out. If you are interested in this guy find a way to just hang out with him. The more comfortable he becomes around you, the more likely something will grow from it. Keep in mind now that I am giving you advice about some guy I've never met. Don't think anything I say is set in stone, but you never know. Just have fun. If you pass him, say hey. Even ask him how he's been. It's not rude to say hi to someone even if you are with other people. You don't want him to think that you act differently or unaccepting of him when you are around others. Even though you and I know this isn't the case, he doesn't. Good luck girl and message me to tell me how it goes! Take care and keep it real!!

<3 Leslie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Acting [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me. At the moment I'm studying computers but for the last 4-5 months I have been really interested in becoming an actor. Where I live there isn't many acting classes, I don't no what to do. How do I get into the business? I have no experience in...

Acting! [ 4 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, I am very, very interested in becoming involved in community theatre here in chicago. I currently live in chicago and have just completed a year's worth of acting classes at a local theatre school. Simply, I want to start performing. I want to really experience the...

Keyboard acting up [ 4 Answers ]

Well. I messed up my keyboard some how and I have to type this using on-screen keyboard. It all started after I decided to clean the keyboard a bit. I logged off and then I realized I should shutdown. So I did but I never unplugged the keyboard. I used some q-tips and a damp paper towel. ...

Acting strange [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is acting very strange. She has a toy that all of the sudden she won't leave alone. If she is away from the toy she gets very depressed. I've had her for 2 years and she's never acted like this before. It started about two days ago, and we've had the toy since December. What's wrong with...

View more questions Search