Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DMario Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman747
    Dear Sir Mr Mario

I sat on hold three seperate times trying to cancel, there is no way to e-mail anyone through your site that I can find the only way to get through to you is on here so it seems, I would like to cancel immedittaly my Mebership ID number 6579829. I have tried and tried to be patient and would greatly appreciate you taking care of this matter.

Bill Daker
    847-344-2369
    You could have emailed us at [email protected]. We have cancelled your membership. You will receive your cancelation letter in the mail in 5-7 days. Your cancelation number is: 6579829operations12/26/07.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    Mountainman747 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Thanks for your prompt response to my inquiry. It is duly noted that you have responded promptly (minutes)and will handle such manners in a proffesionl and straight forward manner. Can you tell me when exactly I will see the refund to my account? I will send the envelope and kit back to your attention via certified mail so there are no issues with receipt of such materials.

I will email you my tracking number.

Thank you and best of luck to you.

Bill Daker

Dec 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
    I will look for it.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    Mountainman747 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Promised refund, 30 plus days since, none received, today the due date has come and gone, you took from me significantly more than told, You need to payme as promised when promised. Romy your person has not delivered when promised? I have been extremely patient considering the amount you took and you have held and subsequently collected interest on my money over the last 30 plus days. When you say you will do something you need to follow through and back it up. I want my 659.30 now!!
    jlamb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Since it seems Mr. Mario reads this thread, I've decided to post here.

On December 17th 2007, NSBA drafted my checking account for $359.40 without my authorization. 3 days later (12/20/07) I discovered this charge and called your company immediately. I was in formed it was a membership "renewal" fee. Since I didn't authorized this charge and since I have NEVER used anything your company has ever sent me in the past, I decided to cancel what appears to be a worthless membership. Your operator assured me it would be handled and I would get my refund within 30 days. All I needed to do was send my packet in when it arrived. Well it's now nearly 2 months later and not only have I not received my refund (big surprise) I have also not received my packet (another big surprise – NOT!)

I called your company numerous times and have been insulted, hung up on and have been given such a “run around” that I am appalled at the level of disrespect that permeates within your organization. I am particularly disgusted with your “customer service" department specifically Laverne, one of your telephone people. If this is your idea of a customer service rep, your HR manager should be fired.

I have since investigated your company thoroughly on the internet as well as in person. It seems the NSBA is already in a lot of hot water with consumers. I've never seen so many negative comments about a company! Thousands of dissatisfied members are disgruntled, canceling memberships and requesting (it seems in vain) refunds. The majority of these people have also been given the ”run-around.” Which is obviously why so many have been compelled to post their experiences all over the net. I would imagine a federal investigation of the NSBA, PCI as well as Mario Consulting can't far off.

I am once again demanding a full refund ($359.40) of the membership fees you charged against my checking account and that you cancel my membership and remove me and all of my information from your database.

Sincerely,
    Jeff D. Lambright
    Member#12045622

Feb 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb
    Since it seems Mr. Mario reads this thread, I've decided to post here.

On December 17th 2007, NSBA drafted my checking account for $359.40 without my authorization. 3 days later (12/20/07) I discovered this charge and called your company immediately. I was in formed it was a membership "renewal" fee. Since I didn't authorized this charge and since I have NEVER used anything your company has ever sent me in the past, I decided to cancel what appears to be a worthless membership. Your operator assured me it would be handled and I would get my refund within 30 days. All I needed to do was send my packet in when it arrived. Well it’s now nearly 2 months later and not only have I not received my refund (big surprise) I have also not received my packet (another big surprise – NOT!)

I called your company numerous times and have been insulted, hung up on and have been given such a “run around” that I am appalled at the level of disrespect that permeates within your organization. I am particularly disgusted with your “customer service" department specifically Laverne, one of your telephone people. If this is your idea of a customer service rep, your HR manager should be fired.

I have since investigated your company thoroughly on the internet as well as in person. It seems the NSBA is already in a lot of hot water with consumers. I’ve never seen so many negative comments about a company! Thousands of dissatisfied members are disgruntled, canceling memberships and requesting (it seems in vain) refunds. The majority of these people have also been given the ”run-around.” Which is obviously why so many have been compelled to post their experiences all over the net. I would imagine a federal investigation of the NSBA, PCI as well as Mario Consulting can’t far off.

I am once again demanding a full refund ($359.40) of the membership fees you charged against my checking account and that you cancel my membership and remove me and all of my information from your database.

Sincerely,
    Jeff D. Lambright
    Member#12045622
    I am sorry sorry that you have been treated unprofesional. We Haver forwarded the complaint over to the Custmer Service Manager to make sure this does not happen again. Regrading your refund I have contacted the account department and mad sure you are on the next check run for the refund of your renewal fees of 359.40.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    deanvic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAYOTE23
    Attention all small business owners or individulas who are interested in establishing "Business Credit" donot become a member of NSBA located in California because National Small Business Alliance is a FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD. NSBA guarantees a credit limit of $8,000.00
    Travel, Business Marketing, Business Credit, American Express, and Computers Hotel Rental etc. NSBA is a FRAUD because the company refuses to refund the membership fee of $98.00 and its a way to get your Bank Account information and begin taking money form your account.
    Unfortnaley, I 've contacted NSBA several (over 40) times and there is never a supervisor or manager present and they never return any of my calls. Therefore, I come to conclusion that that there are several law suits and compliants filed on NSBA, but if there is a supervisor from National Small Business Alliance reading this FRAUD Alert. I would like to solute you for taking the opportunity to read my compliant about NSBA, but I would like to let you compnay know that NSBA seems to practice the 1st Admendment so I will make it my duty to practice the 5th Admendment by contacting the BBB, US Attorney General, ACLU and other organizations inreagards to these issues until I recieve a written explination. I will mail several letters a week stating that NSBA is FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD and nothing more.
    If there are any Small Business owners reading this or S-Corporations or C-Corporations, LLC and desire Business Credit I would be delighted to let you know what I know to build Business Credit for free @ no charge. Please donot invest inot companies like NSBA and donot take my word. Research Research begining eith the BBB.
    ;) :p
    CHAYO BRIGGS
    I can't even find out how to call them to contest that once again they have withdrawn another annual fee when I cancelled this account last year. I was never able to tap in to the promised $8000.00 for the benefit of my business. I called over and over for help and no one was able to even tell me how to do so. Nothing happened and I finally gave up and cancelled. I still get solicitation calls to join. Obviously, they never cancelled my account and have yet again withdrawn money. I am a single mom running her own mortgage business. With the market the way it is, I do not need others robbing my account. If you have any suggestions on how to fight this, please respond. Vicki Dean

Mar 6, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by deanvic
    I can't even find out how to call them to contest that once again they have withdrawn another annual fee when I cancelled this account last year. I was never able to tap in to the promised $8000.00 for the benefit of my business. I called over and over for help and no one was able to even tell me how to do so. Nothing happened and I finally gave up and cancelled. I still get solicitation calls to join. Obviously, they never cancelled my account and have yet again withdrawn money. I am a single mom running her own mortgage business. With the market the way it is, I do not need others robbing my account. If you have any suggestions on how to fight this, please respond. Vicki Dean
    We do not show that you called into cancel. Your membership renewal with the National Small Business Alliance, has been canceled as of today . Your cancellation code is 14488810per03/06/08 . Please return the membership portfolio or a letter to NSBA, Member Processing 20195 S. Diamond Lake Rd Ste 700 Rogers, MN 55374 this is the address listed on the envelope. Please put the cancellation number on the front of the envelope. Once the portfolio is received the refund request will be sent to the processing center. You will receive the refund check within 30 business days from the portfolio return date. If you have any questions please contact customer service at 1-800-506-6722 or feel free to reply to this email. Customer service hours are as follows.

Monday - Thursday: 7:00 - 4:00 and Friday: 7:00 - 3:00 PT

Sincerely,

National Small Business Alliance
    teresa obst Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Mar 28, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Oh WOW, this company has reached a new low! The NSBA or National Small Business Alliance has ripped off a 77 year old woman with cancer! She does not even have a business! I have called her bank and they said they will put a stop check on this transaction but we'll see how long it takes to get her money back. She had NO money in her account so she also had an overdraft, she lives on ssi. They got the money by issuing a "check" #9999 that had her name on it in the amount of $359.40. I called them. They had a FAKE business name (her last name, inc) and the wrong address. I cannot believe the bank actually approved this transaction. I told the lady that I would not give her the real address and they HUNG UP ON ME!! I called them back. After I told them that I wanted to HEAR their supposed phone verification, I was told that I will be called back by Monday. I said that's not good enough, I was told I will be called back today. No call yet. The only reason I found a phone number for them was this site. There is NO CONTACT INFORMATION on their site. BEWARE! BEWARE! They then said that she would not receive all of her money because she did not cancel before her 30 days LOL.. they are ridiculous and someone needs to get the law involved. I am going to both the law and the media. They cannot continue to defraud people. Note that I also asked for a supervisor MULTIPLE times and never was transferred. I was given # 800-350-0577 and got a full mailbox so I could not leave a message. I called this dmario guy and left a message, so don't believe him when he says that NO ONE has called him!
    I will update you all on the progress of this company and IF I ever hear this supposed phone verification. Teresa

Mar 28, 2008, 01:49 PM
    I have now made another complaint at the BBB. They ARE rated an F
    861 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested
    20 Making a partial refund
    199 Agreeing to perform according to their contract
    7 Refusing to make an adjustment
    12 Refuse to adjust, relying on terms of agreement
    9 Unanswered
    3 Unassigned
    1111Total

Mar 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
    BBB Comments and Analysis
    This company solicits small businesses nationally via automated solicitations, telemarketers, and e-mail, for membership in their organization. They claim to offer benefits such as business discounts, consulting services, and an $8000 business credit line. The offer is also presented as a 30 day "free" trial membership as a buyer incentive. They ask for bank account or credit card numbers advising businesses their accounts will not be debited until after the 30 day trial period.

We believe this company's marketing methods are deceptive and misleading. Automated solicitation calls are said to advise business owners they have been approved for a platinum credit line of $8000. They are instructed to call to activate the credit offer. Upon calling to activate, they find that NSBA membership is a requirement. This company is not a lender, therefore cannot pre-approve or grant credit. The offered "credit line" is not a loan for any purpose as represented or implied, but rather, is collectively comprised of coupons, discounts, and offers made by participating vendors to purchase goods and services such as computers or travel arrangements using credit terms.

The company fails to disclose that participating merchants have terms and conditions which apply to credit purchases made by members. For example, one offer is for up to $5,000 in credit for travel. However, the credit line is only available for pre-configured vacation packages for two persons, with departure dates and cities pre-set by the company. Any changes to the itinerary, upgrades, car rentals, additional travelers, additional days, or changes in departures can not be financed with the credit line. An undisclosed deposit amount must be made before booking, and any additional fees must be paid 30 days prior to departure date. Only one vacation per term (meaning membership term) may be financed. Another offer is for up to $3,000 in credit for a computer. The offer is good for only pre-configured computers and may not be changed or altered in any way during the term of the agreement, unless agreed to by the seller. A deposit of 20% to 30% of the purchase price is required to obtain financing for balance of the computer purchase. In addition, while any item is being financed the borrower must maintain membership in the club at the rate of some $7 per year, which is renewable annually unless otherwise cancelled. Further, there exists little information on the company's website or in advertising materials about the specific configurations and total costs of the computers.

We routinely recommend that businesses should insist on reviewing all details of any offer before making a buying decision. A membership buying club may offer discounts on merchandise and or services to its members; however, the membership fee may amount too much more than you might actually save by using the membership. For example, if a member receives a 25% discount on merchandise, in order to recoup the $500 membership fee, a member would need to buy $2,000 worth of merchandise. The advertised "savings" may apply to "suggested retail price,” which is an amount generally much higher than the normal selling price. Do comparison shopping. A discount store could offer the item at the same price as the buying club and not charge a membership fee.

Mar 28, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DMario
    Dear Rick,
    If you read the BBB most of these people state that they don't remember signing up, we stole there money, but every person who signs up with NSBA must have a verbal contact that passes though Quality Assurance. They have all agreed to the terms and condition on the discloser that is pre-recorded. Also, If they were due a refund they were refuned. If you look all of out BBB have been resolved.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    Has anyone ever "HEARD" one of these signups? :eek:

Mar 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Your facts are somewhat inaccurate
    1.We do NOT solicit through e-mail marketing
    2.We do NOT accept Credit Cards
    3.We do have a pre-recorded disclosure that clearly and distinctly states EXACTLY how
    The funds will be debited from one’s account. For the funds to be withdrawn, the buyer
    MUST agree in their own voice that they fully understand.
    4.The recording states that the company has been approved for a Platinum membership
    Not a platinum credit line
    5.The line of credit is offered by 2 of our benefit providers to buy their products and
    Services which include computers, electronics, office products and supplies, travel, etc.
    6.Again, in our recording and in our terms and conditions it clearly states that the benefits are provided by other companies and their their terms and conditions apply

Basically, from what I can gather, you either didn’t listen or didn’t understand what was being said to you. Please keep in mind that our complaint rate is less than ¼ of 1%. In other words 99.75% of the people understood what was being offered to them.

Mar 28, 2008, 03:15 PM
    3.We do have a pre-recorded disclosure that clearly and distinctly states EXACTLY how
    the funds will be debited from one's account. For the funds to be withdrawn, the buyer
    4.The recording states that the company has been approved for a Platinum membership
    not a platinum credit line
    5.The line of credit is offered by 2 of our benefit providers to buy their products and
    services which include computers, electronics, office products and supplies, travel, etc.
    6.Again, in our recording and in our terms and conditions it clearly states that the benefits are provided by other companies and their their terms and conditions apply

Basically, from what I can gather, you either didn't listen or didn't understand what was being said to you. Please keep in mind that our complaint rate is less than ¼ of 1%. In other words 99.75% of the people understood what was being offered to them.
    Actually, those are not MY facts. That is copied and pasted from the BBB's opinion of your company. So you read this. Why is my mom's money not returned. Her name is Jessie J. Shinn, her #7161400. Why has no one called me so I can hear this supposed "phone verification"? I am really pissed off at you all ripping off my mom. SHE WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY HER RENT! GIVE HER THE MONEY STOLEN BACK. I HAVE ALREADY CONTACTED THE ATTY GENERALS OFFICE IN CA. SHE CAN'T WAIT 30 DAYS, IMMEDIATELY. YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A 77 YEAR OLD WOMAN THAT DOES NOT EVEN OWN A BUSINESS BE HOMELESS? I WILL CONTACT AN ATTORNEY, YOU CAN TRUST ME ON THAT.

Mar 28, 2008, 03:18 PM
    I have been sitting here waiting for that promised phone call BTW. You know some packet that was supposedly sent out, came back to you all.. BUT YOU STILL TOOK HER MONEY. Where did you steal her information from? UNTIL I HEAR THAT SUPPOSED PHONE VERIFICATION.. I DON'T BELIEVE ONE WORD YOU TYPE. Of course, make it right, and if I truthfully believe that you all did not try to rip off my mom then I will give you all a full written apology.

Mar 28, 2008, 03:21 PM
    the funds will be debited from one's account. For the funds to be withdrawn, the buyer
    not a platinum credit line
    services which include computers, electronics, office products and supplies, travel, etc.
    Right, so if they didn't understand.. are you lying to them? Or scamming them? As i said.. "SHOW ME". And again, believe me.. her bank is already looking at this and putting a stop check on your "FAKE CHECK" #9999

Mar 28, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Basically, from what I can gather, you either didn’t listen or didn’t understand what was being said to you. Please keep in mind that our complaint rate is less than ¼ of 1%. In other words 99.75% of the people understood what was being offered to them.
    Percentages? Lets see, the BBB says The following grid displays the number and responses to complaints over the last 36 months: 1111 (well now 1112). How many does that make in a month? 30.88 THAT IS ONE PER DAY! AND YET THEY HAVE NOT PUT YOU OUT OF BUSINESS? Do you know how many complaints I have? NONE.. not one. I have had my business for 4 years and not one report so what does that tell me about you?

Mar 31, 2008, 08:15 AM
    It is now Monday, 11am and no call from mr Dmario or any of his staff. I won't update until further news.

Apr 1, 2008, 01:18 PM
    It is now Tuesday, evening, April 01, and no phone call to hear the phone verification, or any phone call at all from mr. dmario or anyone in his company. My mom did go to her bank and signed a form to get her money back. The bank said that her money should be back into her account within 3 days. I will keep you updated.

Apr 9, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Well, my mother got her money back via the bank. I am not sure what the company had to say as I never heard back from anyone there. This could have been an honest mistake or a scam, I will personally never know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Virtual small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting. What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search