Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esther7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 05:42 AM
    I feel that this company also is a fraud, Yes they tell that it is being recorded. But they have taken $1.00 on July 29, 2010 and said I would receive my packet in 3-5 business days. I contacted the company with no avail because our organization has never received a packet. Than on August 03, 2010 submitted another electronic check for 149.95. I called the company again with no avail because I have not membership number so how do I know if I'm a member but money has been taken out of our business account. I reported to the better business bureau they told they have received my complaint and I should get a response in 14 business days. So me not thinking that NSBA would submit another electronic check well to my surprise on August 18. 2010 they submitted another electronic check well guess what $359.40. Again I have npot received a packet as to this day nor have received a membership number. So needs to put this company out of business for stealin from small business that our trying to get a new start with finanes
    esther7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 05:54 AM

Well our agency has been had by this company NSBA as well. We received a call on July 29, 2010 about this great deal to help small businesses with financing and other financial needs. We were told that it would only cost a $1.00 which was ideal so we took the bait. And we were told we would be record and did we understand all that was said we did. And we were told that we should receive a packet in 3-5 business days. Well the days had pass and we never received our packet for review. Than on August 03, 2010 a electronic check was submitted for 149.95 and still we have not received our packet contact the office from number online to no avail because for one we do not have a membership number. So I contact the BBB and report the company NSBA which is where I should have checked first. I read all the compliants. I submitted mine on August 10, 2010 and BBB responded back to me with a case number and should here something within 14 business days. Well to my surprise on August 18. 2010 NSBA strikes again with a better blow they submitted another electronic check for 359.40. When our accountant look at our account we are now in the negative with other expenses coming in we are a nonprofit organization who was looking for good ways to get financial help for our company. It is sad that we have so many companies that use wrong tools and mislead others to gain wealth. But know this it is not right and something needs to be done about how companies promise things just to gain a dollar and in the end GOD has the last say so. Times are to hard for scams.
    obarmg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 01:35 PM
    1-240-556-9970. They Called me and said my business was approved for an $8,000.00 loan.The first guy called it the Small Business Association, I ask how did they approve my company for the loan and I got hung up on. I called back and the woman (if you would call her that) called them the Small Business Alliance, I ask the same question and got hung up on again, but this time was special. I was called racial words like cracker and was cursed at. They are a total fraud. I would love there address to show up and pull a Rambo.
    obarmg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 01:35 PM
    1-240-556-9970. They Called me and said my business was approved for an $8,000.00 loan.The first guy called it the Small Business Association, I ask how did they approve my company for the loan and I got hung up on. I called back and the woman (if you would call her that) called them the Small Business Alliance, I ask the same question and got hung up on again, but this time was special. I was called racial words like cracker and was cursed at. They are a total fraud. I would love there address to show up and pull a Rambo.
    ckealo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 09:23 AM
    These guys are horrible!! They call my office every other day. I even went through the whole automated message so that I could ask to be on the Do Not Call List and it freaking hung up on me!! With this many people upset, I think it is time to alert the media outlets and for a FEDERAL agency to start a formal investigation.

Sep 8, 2010, 09:23 AM
    These guys are horrible!! They call my office every other day. I even went through the whole automated message so that I could ask to be on the Do Not Call List and it freaking hung up on me!! With this many people upset, I think it is time to alert the media outlets and for a FEDERAL agency to start a formal investigation.

Sep 8, 2010, 09:26 AM

This company is reprehensible. I believe that a FEDERAL investigation should be initiated. They are breaking laws and transporting stolen money across state lines. I have already contacted 3 media outlets and made a phone call to a friend in the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General. This will also be posted on FB, which will go viral very quickly.

Sep 8, 2010, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DMario View Post
    Yes, Everyone who was entiled to a refund has been refunded. All members who cancel with in the 30 day trail are refunded.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    After reading this whole thread and Dennis Mario's comments, I have come to realize what this companies honest product is -- You pay them a fee, they send you some paper, you cancel, you continue to pay them until you threaten a lawsuit, and then you get a refund of some varying amount. Basically, you pay this company for a headache and a lot of lost time and money. What a great business model...
    trtnash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2010, 08:39 AM
    I was almost a victim, but thanks to me looking into this company and reading the numerous reports I was able to close my checking account before any harm was done. I still have not received a package and was told I would have time to cancel before ant monies would be taken. They tried to withdraw funds, but I already had alerted the fraud department of my bank. I finally after 5 days of calling and being put on hold reached someone and they hung up on me. I also tried to contact them through e-mail and it did not go through. I hope they are stopped!!
    SAVILO23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2010, 04:32 PM
    What a ****ing stupid piece of ****.i got a call last tuesday from some lame... oh yeah 1.00 f/m sct. Pkg in mail by this coming monday and if u agree to do biz w/ us then teh 1time enrollment fee of 149 will be deducted and u can set up pmt arrangemnt of 29.95 for the 349.00 whatever instead of all at once... so got no packet in mail. But stilll went into my act and deducted me 149.****ing losers. Makingurself rich by lying... my misteak for falling for it. It was to good to be true... later that day i talked to my iboss said its got to be a scam.says ill bet u can only use the c.c. at there merchants.and i asked the guy on the phone.can i use this cc anywhere. Yeah... and 0%interest.lmao.sooo i deleted that act that they took money from.and from reading around the net. **** ur cancelation number. Ur not giving people **** back.
    juy3rdgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 03:10 PM
    Hi Everybody. I am a small business owner in Colorado Springs. I run a Tax/ Bookkeeping Office, These guys just tried to scam me with the same jargon you are all talking about.

Remember the smartest thing is to look someone up online while you have them on the phone. I asked the girl her name, she had to think about it then she said, "Oh Lisa". I asked her if she had to think about her name. I caught her off guard. She assured me that they have over 1 million customers and when I told her that there were several scam reports, her response was, " well do you please all you customers 100% of the time". Then she gave me her phone number and asked me to call her back.

SCAM ALERT. Don't fall for it.
    DMario Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAVILO23 View Post
    WHAT A ****ING STUPID PIECE OF ****.I GOT A CALL LAST TUESDAY FROM SOME LAME...OH YEAH 1.00 F/M SCT. PKG IN MAIL BY THIS COMMING MONDAY AND IF U AGREE TO DO BIZ W/ US THEN TEH 1TIME ENROLLMENT FEE OF 149 WILL BE DEDUCTED AND U CAN SET UP PMT ARRANGEMNT OF 29.95 FOR THE 349.00 WHATEVER INSTEAD OF ALL AT ONCE.....SO GOT NO PACKET IN MAIL. BUT STILLL WENT INTO MY ACT AND DEDUCTED ME 149.****ING LOSERS. MAKINGURSELF RICH BY LYING....MY MISTEAK FOR FALLING FOR IT. IT WAS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE....LATER THAT DAY I TALKED TO MY IBOSS SAID ITS GOTTA BE A SCAM.SAYS ILL BET U CAN ONLY USE THE C.C. AT THERE MERCHANTS.AND I ASKED THE GUY ON THE PHONE.CAN I USE THIS CC ANYWHERE. YEAH....AND 0%INTEREST.LMAO.SOOO I DELETED THAT ACT THAT THEY TOOK MONEY FROM.AND FROM READING AROUND THE NET. **** UR CANCELATION NUMBER. UR NOT GIVING PEOPLE **** BACK.
    SAVILO23,
    When you sign up all calls go through a 3rd party verification that states all the fees and when they will be debited. That is why it askes you at the end "If you understood all and everything explained to you and were not promised anything other than what we have just gone over, please say "YES" at the tone....." Here is a copy of the discloser that is read while you processed your verbal contract. For the contract to be submitted it must have had to pass quality assurance.

Your platinum membership offers access to and /or discounts on products and services that you use everyday such as travel, computers equipment, business and medical insurance, electronic check recovery, merchant accounts, business cards, over 100 more benefits and privileges of platinum status. Some restrictions and additional fees may apply, see details in member terms and conditions.

There is a one time activation fee of just $1.00 which provides you with a 30 day risk free trail. If you decide to stay a member and keep all of your benefits there is a one time enrollment of 149.95 that will be debited from your checking account within 3-5 days of sign-up. If you do not call in to cancel , your account will be debited for the monthly dues of 29.95 per month billed annually in advance to your checking account totaling 359.40 with 20 days, and of course , your satisfaction is guaranteed. NSBA offers a satisfaction guarantee and there is no obligation to continue. If for any reason you are not satisfied in the first 30-days, simply call us to cancel your membership, return the membership materials and 100% of membership dues will be refunded. If you understood all and everything explained to you and were not promised anything other than what we have just gone over, please say "YES" at the tone... then it gives you your verification number and the number to customer service.

I am sorry that you feel that way.
    Regards,
    NSBA
    DMario Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 03:31 PM

SAVILO23,
    When you sign up all calls go through a 3rd party verification that states all the fees and when they will be debited. That is why it askes you at the end "If you understood all and everything explained to you and were not promised anything other than what we have just gone over, please say "YES" at the tone....." Here is a copy of the discloser that is read while you processed your verbal contract. For the contract to be submitted it must have had to pass quality assurance.

Your platinum membership offers access to and /or discounts on products and services that you use everyday such as travel, computers equipment, business and medical insurance, electronic check recovery, merchant accounts, business cards, over 100 more benefits and privileges of platinum status. Some restrictions and additional fees may apply, see details in member terms and conditions.

There is a one time activation fee of just $1.00 which provides you with a 30 day risk free trail. If you decide to stay a member and keep all of your benefits there is a one time enrollment of 149.95 that will be debited from your checking account within 3-5 days of sign-up. If you do not call in to cancel , your account will be debited for the monthly dues of 29.95 per month billed annually in advance to your checking account totaling 359.40 with 20 days, and of course , your satisfaction is guaranteed. NSBA offers a satisfaction guarantee and there is no obligation to continue. If for any reason you are not satisfied in the first 30-days, simply call us to cancel your membership, return the membership materials and 100% of membership dues will be refunded. If you understood all and everything explained to you and were not promised anything other than what we have just gone over, please say "YES" at the tone... then it gives you your verification number and the number to customer service.

I am sorry that you feel that way.
    Regards,
    NSBA
    kevinreedy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 01:32 PM
    According to the terms by NSBA: There is a one time activation fee of just $1.00 which provides you with a 30 day risk free trail. If you decide to stay a member and keep all of your benefits there is a one time enrollment of 149.95 that will be debited from your checking account within 3-5 days of sign-up.
    THIS IS DOUBLE TALK AND THEY WILL STEAL YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!
    They charged my account in 3 days. Hell, the damn package didn't even get to me until 2 days later. HELL NO I don't want to buy into the fraudulent crap. NSBA stole my money from my account and they will steal yours as well.
    I was told on the phone, by their scam artist, that I would have time to go over the papers prior to making a commitment. They never said that they were taking money out of my account in 3 days.
    fighter14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 04:05 PM
    NSBA needs to be in the media so we can reach as many people as possible to stay away from them. Once you give them your bank details, that's it they start taking money from you and you will never get through on the phone to cancel or anything. Their customer care is the worst in the entire world. It's a FRUAD FRUAD people stay away from them. Tell at least 5 people a day so that they can be stopped. Everything they say is a lie. It's a NO NO GO ZONE.
    adelet628 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2010, 02:09 PM
    I have received several phone calls from this company, finally I pressed 0 to see what they keep calling for, the rep that answered to phone was speaking extremely fast which made it extremely hard for me to understand him, he kept telling me that there is a $1 charge that is placed on my account then once they use that to verify that I actually have a bank account they will send me an already activated credit card along with my terms and conditions, I asked the rep to please send me all the info Via email so that I could talk it over with my business partner before making any commitments, the rep got angry cussed at me the hung up on me! So I started doing some research on this company and from what I've found they are definitely crooks. It really pisses me off that companies like this are even allowed to operate. Sure credit cards for new businesses without having to worry about credit checks could be a good thing for many start ups with no established credit but not under these circumstances. JERKS
    carsalesmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2010, 08:45 AM
    NSBA - AKA: National Small Business Alliance is a total scam. They will tell you they will offer you an AMEX, VISA, MasterCard, ETC just to get your personal info. They will then drain your bank account, offer an apology with a refund in 30 day and never refund your money, If you noticed NSBA took funds from your bank account TELL YOUR BANK ASAP!! Do not call NSBA - they will not give a refund even if they say they will. REPORT IT TO YOUR BANK ASAP! Your bank will return your money. NSBA is a scam and somebody needs to put a stop to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Virtual small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting. What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search