Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CHAYOTE23 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Jan 31, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Timselbach
    I did not close my Bank Account, but I sent a several letters to NSBA and the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Co. etc. demanding my refund. However, NSBA did not refund my money until about 3 months and NSBA never returned any of my telephone calls.
    DMario Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2006, 10:49 AM
    Thank you for your input. Mr. Selbach has been emailing me directly and has been taken care of. I am sory that your refund process took a little long than stated but you have been refuned.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAYOTE23
    Timselbach
    I did not close my Bank Account, but I sent a several letters to NSBA and the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Co. etc. demanding my refund. However, NSBA didnot refund my money until about 3 months and NSBA never returned any of my telephone calls.
    tperk100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 07:51 AM
    This company's marketing via computer generated phone call announcements is SLEAZY to say the least, and then they tell me it will take 30 days to have my numbers removed. They are inconsiderate a**holes.

Feb 2, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Our goal from the very beginning was to make sure we are in compliance with all government, DMA and each state's rules and regulations.

The National Small Business Alliance is a membership organization for small businesses with 10 employees or less. As such, we only solicit small businesses, not consumers. We obtain all our calling lists from some of the largest and predominant business-to-business lists houses in the country that state categorically that they rigorously bounce their lists against the national, state and regional Do Not Call Lists. In addition, we do maintain our own in-house list. In order for us to call anyone, there telephone number/s had to be listed as a business number at some point.

If a consumer requests a copy of our "Do Not Call" policy, we will send a copy via U.S. mail or electronic mail.

Consumers may request, by telephone or in writing, that our company stop calling them and place their name on a "Do Not Call" list. Although we may ask for your name, address and telephone number, we will accept your request even if you only provide your telephone number. You have a right to have calls stopped and to be put on our "Do Not Call" list even if you are still a customer.

When we receive your request, your telephone number is added to our "Do Not Call" list within 30 business days. In some cases it may take up to 30 business days for your telephone number to be removed from other company wide calling lists. Your request will stay on our list for at least 5 years. If you move, change your telephone number, or add telephone number, you must provide us with the new telephone number in order for us to prevent calls to that number. We will not share the information you provide with anyone except affiliated companies or subsidiaries without your prior written permission.

All employees that engage in outbound telephone solicitation are trained in this policy and made aware of these procedures before they are allowed to place calls to consumers. Managers, supervisors, or trainers review the policy with these employees weekly.

If the consumer notifies us that they have received a telephone call from us after they have already requested to be placed on our "Do Not Call" list, we will apologize for the intrusion and have a manager or supervisor investigate. The manager or supervisor will also personally confirm that the telephone number is on the "Do Not Call" list. Upon request, we will mail the consumer a confirmation that their telephone number is on the list.

The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) offers a free service to consumers called the "Telephone Preference Service" (TPS), which will typically reduce, but not eliminate the number of telemarketing calls received. Consumers may have their name added to the TPS at no charge by sending a written request to the DMA. Your written request must include your name, complete address, telephone number and signature, and should be sent to: DMA Telephone Preference Service; PO Box 9014; Farmingdale; NY 11735. The DMA states that the TPS is updated quarterly and it may take up to three months after your name is entered before you begin to see a reduction in calls. To learn more about this service, visit http://www.the-dma.org/consumers.

The methods and procedures in this "Do Not Call" policy are reviewed by CEO/President monthly.
    RASthomson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DMario
    I am very sorry that that happened too. Everyone of our Customer Service Rep should treat everyone as professionals. Please provide me more information such as your account number so We can look more into this. Again I am sorry that that happened.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario

NSBA MM#13157653 NSBA MM Cancel # 13157653PLC041405

Have tried for months to get refunded without results. Spent hours on hold get the same response "This is an accounting problem" . Last Time Your Customer service rep swore at me and sent me back on hold.
    boba Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 10:18 AM
    DMARIO you r company is a scam, people have to go to the BBB to get their money back. We paid the 339.35. We sent our request for cancelation and full refund CERTIFIED mail within the 30 days. We called and called. Talked once to Romy who said she never received our request for cancellation. We told her we have verification it was delivered. She said she would refund our money within 30 days. Nothing. Emailing numerous times was sent back with, I will look into this. Nothing. I personally called your cell phone DMARIO. Yes, did some sleuthing and found it, You never returned my call. So today I will go the BBB route. I will get a refund. You are a scam. Please do not deal with this association.

Feb 9, 2006, 10:24 AM
    I would like to help you and get this resolved. Canceling membership and send back your membership are 2 different processes. It seems like from what you are saying that Romy cancelled your membership and you sent back you membership packet. Please provide me with your member verification number so I will be able to better assist you.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario

Feb 9, 2006, 11:11 AM
    We tried to call your company as soon as we sent in our cancellation in writing along with returning the packet. We could not get through. When we finally did get through to Romy on 9/9/05 she gave us a cancellation number of 13593485MRJ090905 for a full refund of 339.35. She said it would be issued in the contractual 30 days. Several phone calls on hold for extreme amounts of time and many emails later. I still have not received any refund.

Feb 9, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by boba
    We tried to call your company as soon as we sent in our cancellation in writing along with returning the packet. We could not get through. When we finally did get through to Romy on 9/9/05 she gave us a cancellation number of 13593485MRJ090905 for a full refund of 339.35. She said it would be issued in the contractual 30 days. Several phone calls on hold for extreme amounts of time and many emails later. I still have not recieved any refund.
    Thank you for providing me with you cancalation number. Looking further into this it seems that someone is using Romy name. It shows that you cancelled with a different rep than Romy by your cancelation number. Romy is the Customer Service manager and would follow through on all request. I am sorry that you have had such a hard time trying to get in contact with our company. As you may have notice we have upgraded our phone systems. Romy and I will get this resolve. She is going to forward all your information over to the processesing center and they will issue and send you check on Fridays check run. Again, I am sorry that your refund has been delayed.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    merc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Sadly I have to add my name to those who have been ripped off by this company. I was promised a credit card for our church and it seemed like a good offer - but we received a travel and computer discount card. They then deducted $300 and for many months I have been trying to get a refund. Yes the famous "Romy" is looking into it, as she says. I made a compaint to the Fair Business Association but it seems like they are a scam too.

Feb 17, 2006, 02:00 PM
    I received my refund on Monday, I made the comment here and Mario said he would send it out, Right after I made my comment here, I did an online complaint at the BBB. I am not sure what happened to make my refund come, if it was the BBB or the comment here. But I did receive a full refund. I do think this company was set up to "scam" people. Many businesses will sign up for this and not be too concerned with getting a refund because their time is more important than the 300.00. I think that is what the company had hoped for. Unfortunately for them, us small business owners depend on that 300.00 for things like rent and I guess that the company probably didn't expect so many refunds requested and became overwhelmed. I think they will refund anyone that is insistent on getting a refund but I think they are hoping people will get annoyed and just drop it. If you hunt them down, they don't want to be in blatant disobedience to the law and will refund your money. Just present you facts here and at the BBB and dennis mario will help you. He was always polite and got me my refund! Good luck!

Feb 17, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by merc
    Sadly I have to add my name to those who have been ripped off by this company. I was promised a credit card for our church and it seemed like a good offer - but we received a travel and computer discount card. They then deducted $300 and for many months I have been trying to get a refund. Yes the famous "Romy" is looking into it, as she says. I made a compaint to the Fair Business Association but it seems like they are a scam too.
    Looking further in your membership it shows that Romy the Customer Service Manager has followed the proceduces and your refund is going on next check run which will be no later than 1-24-06. She has done everything to help you and is getting your refund processed. I am sorry that it has been delayed but Romy has nothing to do with that. You will be receiving a full refund of 339.35.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario

Feb 23, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Actually this is incorrect. Romy has engaged in delaying tactics, even claiming that she had never received my email when she replied to it (and I sent her proof of that). And the date should be Feb not Jan as you put in your response. Yes I did talk to Dennis Mario and yes, he was polite and sounded sincere. But please excuse me if the answers sounded a little too smooth - like these are standard words and the so-called sincerity is now a fine art. I have a message for the NSBA and Dennis - words are pretty worthless when the actions don't back them up. If you really are genuine prove it. Don't just defend yourself with words - make some changes. Tell your staff to stop lying and delaying and then acting all polite about it. My experience tells me that it all comes from the top and that what happens in a compay is no accident. When the complaints reduce and people stop being upset THEN we'll believe your sincerity. That's reasonable isn't it? Now I await my promised refund.
    dluedawg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 01:44 PM
    What's up everybody, I was also suckered by NSBA. I'm still so mad I can hardly see straight. I've made all the calls, on hold for 20-30 minutes. I cancelled as soon as I got my package. That was in November. My refund has been tied up in accounting. I just emailed a letter to the city counsel office of Cathedral City. I'm just wondering what can really be done about this scam. It would be worth my $100 to just bust them.

Apr 10, 2006, 02:44 PM
    We would like try to help you get this resolved but we need more information such as your name or even you member verifcation number.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by dluedawg
    What's up everybody, I was also suckered by NSBA. I'm still so mad I can hardly see straight. I've made all the calls, on hold for 20-30 minutes. I cancelled as soon as I got my package. That was in November. My refund has been tied up in accounting. I just emailed a letter to the city counsel office of Cathedral City. I'm just wondering what can really be done about this scam. It would be worth my $100 to just bust them.

Apr 10, 2006, 04:39 PM
    Let's face it - everything about NSBA is a rort! They should be shut down before they rip more people off. They have it down to a fine art and I just love their "caring" manner when you call them. They obviously rely on most people just letting their money go down the sink - that's why most conmen like this guy get away with it. It is a pity that our current laws can't close down rip-off companies like this. And Mr. Mario - please do not reply with fake indignation - we can all see through what you are doing. Save your fake concern for another poor innocent person who cannot afford to lose what you have ripped off them. Hopefully one day a voice inside you will speak to you about what you are doing.

Apr 11, 2006, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DMario
    We would like try to help you get this resolved but we need more information such as your name or even you member verifcation number.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario
    Thanks for your reply Dennis. My name is Don Lue. I registered to NSBA under the name DLue Computer. My member number was 13861157. My cancellation confirmation number is 13861157ccw dated 11/21/05. My email is dluecomputer @comcast.net.

Apr 11, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Thanks for your reply Dennis. My name is Don Lue. I registered to NSBA under the name of DLue Computer. My membership number was 13861157. My cancellation confirmation number is 13861157ccw dated 11/21/05. My email is [email protected].

Apr 11, 2006, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dluedawg
    Thanks for your reply Dennis. My name is Don Lue. I registered to NSBA under the name DLue Computer. My member number was 13861157. My cancellation confirmation number is 13861157ccw dated 11/21/05. My email is dluecomputer @comcast.net.
    Thank you for the information. I am fowarding all you information over to the accounting department so they can process your refund. I do apologize for the delay of your refund.
    Regards,
    Dennis Mario

Apr 11, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Dennis - Don't just let this go. The "accounting department" just means more time before they give you back your money. It's another ploy in their time-wasting game. Then they'll tell you it's in a future check run. Stay on them or they will just keep delaying. The good news is that those people who really keep on them do get their money back - eventually.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Virtual small business [ 2 Answers ]

I have established a website to develop my business works in the field of consulting. What is the best way to enter the market and introducing my work?

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

Business to business vs Business to Consumer retail [ 1 Answers ]

How does Business to business retail differ from business to consumer retail?

Small Collectibles Business [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has started a small biasness, selling her collection of postcards, etc. on the web. Question - what entries do I need to make for the sale of an item in the journal (I am using MS Small Business Accounting Software). For example, she sells a postcard from her personal collection for...

Small Business Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What Would I Need To File Business Bankruptcy And What Are The Consiquences

View more questions Search