Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abigailpauline Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Is my house haunted? (I'm 12)
    I moved into my house 3 years ago, but I noticed something eerie at my 10th slumber party. The night before, I had a nightmare in which a grim, looming figure appeared out of our basement wall, and came toward us partiers. I thought it was just nerves, so I tried to shake it off. But then on the night of the party, we all suddenly woke up and the TV flashed on and off. Then my best friend saw and described the figure from my dream. I hadn't told her about it. Ever since then, all the rooms in the house except the room that an old lady died in have an eerie, looming, even threatining presence in them. I have nightmares about the rooms and voices are heard at night. I never see anything but I strongly sense them to the point that I can visualize it in my head (in my room.) it looks like a young girl, with a white dress, but a look of hate so strong on her face that I cannot describe it. It paralyzes me. My 19 year old brother feels the same. What should we do?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Honestly I would move. I totally believe in ghosts. Or at least spirits. I lived in an apartment a few years back. As soon as you were inside if felt like someone was following you, you had to constantly look back to make sure that you were alone. THere was always a sudden urge to go into the bedroom and lock yourself in there. At night both of my cats would face the hallway wall and make this horrible crying meow noise. EVERY night. I moved after living there for two months...
    reyak Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Is it a look of hate, or a look of fear? You may be just as frighteneing to her. This is still her house as far as she is concerned, and probably sees you as the intruder. Try to let her know that you won't hurt her, that you might even befriend her. People tend to think of ghosts from horror movies, and think its real life. Ghosts tend to be fearfull of humans. Perhaps they see us the way we see them. We are the ghosts.

Just don't be too quick to think of her as an evil spirit. She may have seen you in 'her room' and gotten mad. This would explain the hate in her eyes. She may not understand why there is someone living in her room, sleeping in her bed. Try to explain yourself, and tell her who you are. Most ghosts are not mean, just scared.
    Vision Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Good insight.

Dec 1, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Lol, thanks
    chrilarG Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Dec 1, 2007, 12:51 PM
    I believe strongly in spirits as well. I do not know if you are religious or not but my best advise is pray every night and maybe if you are catholic, talk to your parents about getting your home blessed or maybe you can all pray together as a family. At your age strange things use to happen to me and my friend at her house and mine.. . We were frightened a lot so I totally understand how you might be feeling at this point. Our parents would say ignore it it is in your minds but we knew otherwise so we did pray and it helped a little sometimes.

Dec 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
    A blessing is a great idea, however, a catholic priest may not be a good idea. If you are catholic, perhaps just your parents or maybe a friend. Religoes people in the catholic faith tend to piss spirits off more often than not. There is too much darkness in the faith. Someone who believes in it, but does not go to extremes, would probably be your best bet.
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 1, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Have you spoken to your parents about this?

Dec 3, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Yup.
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Dec 9, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abigailpauline
    I moved into my house 3 years ago, but I noticed something eerie at my 10th slumber party. The night before, I had a nightmare in which a grim, looming figure appeared out of our basement wall, and came toward us partiers. I thought it was just nerves, so i tried to shake it off. But then on the night of the party, we all suddenly woke up and the TV flashed on and off. Then my best friend saw and discribed the figure from my dream. I hadn't told her about it. Ever since then, all the rooms in the house except the room that an old lady died in have an eerie, looming, even threatining presence in them. I have nightmares about the rooms and voices are heard at night. I never see anything but i strongly sense them to the point that i can visualize it in my head (in my room.) it looks like a young girl, with a white dress, but a look of hate so strong on her face that i cannot describe it. It paralyzes me. My 19 year old brother feels the same. What should we do?
    You guys realize this really might be a 12 years old girl, right?!

To abigail,

Trust me on this... There are no such things as ghosts. Never has been and never will be. However sometimes, very unlikely things can happen. Things that are HUGE coincidences! This is a matter of math and probability. Sooner or later, something extremely unlikely can happen such as a friend having the same dream, or imagining the same thing that you did, etc. (btw- are you SURE you didn't tell her about your dream, or that she couldn't have overheard you talking about it to someone else? Maybe your brother?).

But I want you to know that there is always a logical explanation for things! Even if we can't find what that logical explanation is. What you can be 100% sure of is that there are NO ghosts in your house! So there is nothing paranormal for you to be frightened of. Just be a kid, have fun, and do good in school and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Jan 1, 2008, 09:32 PM
    lobrobster: people like you are the reason that they grow up to be such things.

Jan 4, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by abigailpauline
    lobrobster: people like you are the reason that they grow up to be such things.
    I was just trying to be nice and console a "supposedly" 12 year old girl who is dumb enough to believe that her house might be haunted. She responded by calling me a moron. Kids that dumb shouldn't grow up to breed. With any luck, the ghost will get her well before that happens! -lol

Jan 4, 2008, 07:57 PM
    ChihuahuaMomma wants to know:

How do you know that ghosts DON'T exist?
    Because I have an IQ above 68? Because I was educated beyond the 4th grade? Take your pick.

Now why do YOU think ghosts DO exist?
    Vision Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lobrobster
    ChihuahuaMomma wants to know:

Because I have an IQ above 68? Because I was educated beyond the 4th grade? Take your pick.

Now why do YOU think ghosts DO exist?

Wow, we have something in common, I have an IQ higher than 68 and also was educated beyond 4th grade. I KNOW that ghosts exist because I have felt their presence.

Jan 4, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Wow, we have something in common, I have an IQ higher than 68 and also was educated beyond 4th grade. I KNOW that ghosts exist because I have felt their presence.
    You "felt" their presence, huh? A thousand jokes come to mind, but I'll refrain from making fun of you. What kind of presence? What evidence do you (think) you have for the existence of ghosts? More importantly, what's it like to live in a reality where you believe these "things from beyond" exist? Do they watch you shower? Can they make you get into a traffic accident? Do you blame them for having a bad day? Also, do you believe in astrology? Something tells me you do.

Regardless of what your education level is (and I'd bet a large sum of money you're not a post-graduate of any kind... ), you're not a rational or logical thinker. And if you're IQ is higher than 68, I'd bet more money that it's not above 120. Wow! How can I be so bold to say that about someone I don't even know? Because intelligent, educated people are simply not gullible enough to believe in ghosts! Why? Because there's not a single shred of evidence for their existence!
    Vision Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 09:22 PM
    What evidence do you have AGAINST my belief?

And I'm sorry but a college education does not make you intelligent... I have met many people that have graduated from college and are just plain retarded. I am an Ophthalmic Technician and have gone to school for two years...

And my IQ is 137, thank you. And yes, I do believe in Astrology.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2008, 08:45 AM
    I don't think calling someone a moron helps the situation any.

Jan 6, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bluerose
    I don't think calling someone a moron helps the situation any.
    I did not call her (or abigail) a moron. Or are you talking about the little brat who called ME a moron?

I'm simply suggesting that you need to suspend logic to belief in this kind of stuff. And it constitutes a gullibility that is almost always absent from critical thinkers.

Jan 6, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    What evidence do you have AGAINST my belief?
    Oh my... And what evidence is there against invisible green gremlins living beneath the earth? Or pink unicorns, or... You are proving my point about critical thinking (or lack thereof). It is obvious you cannot prove a negative and your statement above is simply unimpressive.

And my IQ is 137, thank you. And yes, I do believe in Astrology.
    Thought so (about the astrology part). How did I know? I must have ESP! :)

Your two sentences are almost oxymorons. But I guess you can claim whatever you want through anonymity of the internet. I won't call you a liar though. If you really do have a 137 IQ you are extremely rare to believe things which require a complete suspension of logical thinking. You're a rare bird indeed. Good luck with it.
    brown_eyes_3546 Posts: 103, Reputation: 5

Jan 9, 2008, 05:28 AM
    I just happened to come across this thread and I have a question: Lob are you religious? To any extent?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my house haunted? [ 11 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have just moved into a new house. Before we moved we experienced some strange goings on in our last home. In our old house kitchen utensils often went missing for weeks and months and then suddenly reappeared again where we left them. If we were up early enough we could also hear...

My house is haunted! [ 17 Answers ]

I've always had ghostly experiences since I was 2 years old. I am 51 now. We just purchased another home 5 months ago. The very first night we stayed here (my gr'daughter and I) hubby was out of state working, we were going to sleep in one of the bedrooms.I heard a bunch of whispering, like a...

Is MY house haunted? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I just had a quick question about something… I had a weird experience that happened to me last night in my apartment that got me thinking and I started to possibly believe that maybe my house is haunted. If I can maybe explain some things that has happened to me and if I could get you...

Is my house haunted? [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Is my house haunted?? Well first of all I saw something or someone laying in my Brothers bed.It really freaked me out.And me and my friend Courtney were swimming in the pool in our backyard,and we saw an old lady or a liked figure of an old lady.One night me and my friends were playing...

Is my house Haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

I moved into this house 11months ago it was built in1870 next to a graveyard. The first night we were in the house the basement door slammed shut from the kitchen. Two weeks later about five am I heard a growling voice from the other room say "Get out Mother F****** get out) Now I had been up all...

View more questions Search