Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carol Collins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Start a Talent agency within the music industry
    I would like to start booking musical acts in my area. Do I just need a business license to get started as I would be charging a commission or are there other logistics to deal with.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 05:19 AM
    I'm sure that there are other things with which you must deal. Do you have a business plan yet? If not, the following two sites contain tons of information that may be of value to you: http://www.sba.gov/ and http://www.score.org/ There is also licensing information available on those two sites concerning different occupations and the localities in which they are located. There are also some links to questions on the bottom of this page to questions that have been similar to yours. You might want to click on them and see what the answers have been.

Are you going to be operating out of your home or like some kind of store front with a sign advertising your services that is visible to anyone who happens to pass by? That will make a difference as to the rules that you need to follow in order to be in business in a certain location. For full information as to what you need to do in order to be in business where your business will be located, it would be best to be speaking with the city officials there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a Talent Agency [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking to start a model/talent agency in Indiana. How do I go about becoming a licensed talent agent. My office will be located in Indiana but my talent will secure most work in the Chicago land area. Please help me with any information you may have. 3 Sandra

Fashion Label - Model/Photo/Talent Agency BP [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Helper, RE: Fashion Label - Model/Photo/Talent Agency BP This request is for two areas;- (1) Business Plan for a Fashion Label (2) BP for Model/Photo/Talent Agency. I have several family members who are in the Fashion Industry and would like to start a Fashion Label. I am...

Starting a talent agency [ 1 Answers ]

Do I need a special business license to legally act as a talent agency? Thanks!

Starting a talent agency [ 5 Answers ]

How do I start a still photo talent agency

View more questions Search