Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    floridada Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 10:05 AM
    My husband wants to adopt my son, where do I start?
    My husband wants to adopt my 4 year old son , we just moved to the state of Florida and I am pregnant now. My son's "donor" is nowhere to be found for him to sign off on his parental rights plus he's in a different state, I really want to get the ball rolling here with the adoption I just don't know where to begin. Before we moved I tried to get a copy of my son's birth certificate and was not able to get it since I had his "donor" on child support for about a year, they said since I had him on child support they were in the process of adding his name on the birth certificate since 2003... it is now going on 2008 and I can not get a copy of my son's birth certificate.
    I don't know if I should start the adoption here in Florida or if I should go back to my hometown to start the adoption process... help??
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 29, 2007, 10:22 AM
    If I were you, I would contact a lawyer they always make these types of things A lot easier.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 05:48 PM
    You probably ARE going to need a lawyer for this. You can probably contact one locally, without having to go to your hometown, to find out how to start the process.

Your child's biological father will have to be attempted to contact for him to sign off on his rights.

Good luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 06:17 PM
    You are going to need an attorney, an attempt will have to be made to locate the sperm donor. If he can not be found after a required search, then notice will be given by a manner required by the court.
    So you start by hiring an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can husband adopt? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for almost three years and he wants to adopt my son(6). The bio father is in prison and has not seen my son since he was two months old and that was only once through jail glass. Can I prove him unfit based on being in and out of prison? How hard do you think it...

My husband wants to adopt my 3 yr old [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband have been married for 1 yr and he wants to adopt my son. When I was 15 I got pregnant by a 24 yr old. He had previously got in trouble for having communication with a minor for immoral purposes. When he convinced me to run away and come live with him. When my parents found out...

Can my husband adopt [ 1 Answers ]

I have an eight year old he has never met his dad. I have given him the opportunity to meet his son and he will not. He is paying child support, but does not want to meet my son. If I can get him to sign over his rights (which I know he will) Could my husband adopt him?

My husband wants to adopt [ 2 Answers ]

I've been married to my husband for almost 2 years now and he wants to adopt my son from a previos relationship,how do we go about that?:)

Husband to adopt [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I aren't married yet, in August we are getting married, I have a son, he has a son and we are having a baby in June. We are concerned that my son will be confused that everyone has the same last name but him. Granted, his father has only seen him maybe 5 times in two years, I have...

View more questions Search