Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Dec 1, 2007, 01:18 PM
    You well of cooking knowledge you (",)
    Thank You once again. Jillian
    danney44 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2007, 01:02 PM
    I was watching the rachel ray show one day and she made a sandwich that had waffels as the bread and then inside it just had peanut butter and some fruit like bananas. It looked pretty easy and very tasty.
    Dana2007 Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

Dec 31, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Meatloaf and fried/baked chicken dusted in crumbs are foods that are good warm or cold. Good for school lunches too

Meatloaf can be made with ground turkey or ground chicken.

Buy a large ham and slice it up in pieces and store it all sliced up in the refrigerators so the kids can make their own sandwiches or to fill their pita breads. Cut it up in smaller pieces to add to scrambled eggs or as a side dish for breakfast.

For the winter make wonderful meatball soup.

Just add garlic salt, one egg, and chopped onions to the ground meat.
    Or just regular salt and the egg and leaving out the onions
    Or just the egg to hold them together leaving out the salt and onions and the garlic salt
    You can add tomato sauce for coloring and flavor if you want.
    I always leave the tomato sauce out and eat it plain.

Boil the water
    Add the meatballs to the boiling water.

The meatballs will be cooked in 10 minutes

Add whatever vegestables you like

This is one way my dog will eat the vegestables. She loves this soup..

Very young children can easily eat this soup if you use turkey ground meat because the meatballs are so very tender which makes them easy for young children to eat. I find beef ground meat too tough and I'm an adult. LOL

Cook some dry beans and add ground meat or the ham to them for a warm meal. Or you can buy the whole plain canned beans and add your own ground meat or ham. Makes them taste like you cooked the beans fresh yourself.

Dec 31, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Meatloaf and fried/baked chicken dusted in crumbs are foods that are good warm or cold. Good for school lunches too

Meatloaf can be made with ground turkey or ground chicken.

Buy a large ham and slice it up in pieces and store it all sliced up in the refrigerators so the kids can make their own sandwiches or to fill their pita breads. Cut it up in smaller pieces to add to scrambled eggs or as a side dish for breakfast.

For the winter make wonderful meatball soup.

Just add garlic salt, one egg, and chopped onions to the ground meat.
    Or just regular salt and the egg and leaving out the onions
    Or just the egg to hold them together leaving out the salt and onions and the garlic salt
    You can add tomato sauce for coloring and flavor if you want.
    I always leave the tomato sauce out and eat it plain.

Boil the water
    Add the meatballs to the boiling water.

The meatballs will be cooked in 10 minutes

Add whatever vegestables you like

This is one way my dog will eat the vegestables. She loves this soup..

Very young children can easily eat this soup if you use turkey ground meat because the meatballs are so very tender which makes them easy for young children to eat. I find beef ground meat too tough and I'm an adult. LOL

Cook some dry beans and add ground meat or the ham to them for a warm meal. Or you can buy the whole plain canned beans and add your own ground meat or ham. Makes them taste like you cooked the beans fresh yourself.

Dec 31, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Add salt to your own personal taste to the meatball soup

If you use ground turkey, the meatballs cook in ten minutes. The beef will take longer.

Jan 1, 2008, 11:48 AM
    Quesadillas are a very quick and easy meal or snack. Just put cheese on one of the tortillas and cover it with a second tortilla and warm it up on the grittle or pan. Later, you can add guacamole or anything else you want or eat them plain.

They sell toaster ovens that turn off by themselves when you set the timer. This could make it safer for kids to fix themselves something to eat.
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Jan 1, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Pita pizzas are deelicious. Put whatever toppings you like over spaghetti sauce and cheese.I like fresh vegetables, tomato, peppers, whatever. Flour tortillas are great for quick breakfast too. Burritos with potato, egg and cheese, add fresh salsa, yum!
    Corn tortillas are wonderful stuffed with leftover chicken and chiles, sour cream and cheese, baked a few minutes. Until cheese melts.
    Cheese and crackers are good. So many combinations possible.
    Celery spears and cream cheese . A stuffed apple is sooo healthy, split and core an apple, fill cavity with peanut butter and raisins, or cream cheese and chopped walnuts. Almost any fruit sliced and served with a cream cheese mixed with orange juice concentrate dip is yummy. Salads are good for lunch, put lettuce and vegetables in a container, put whatever meat and topping in separate container so as not to get soggy. Add dressing just before eating.
    My faves are chinese chicken, and tostada salads.
    Now I have to raid the frige.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Tacos (reg and soft), burritos, quesadias
    Pepperoni rolls (pepp rolled into crescent rolls) dipped in spag sauce
    McD type pancake griddles
    Microwaveable White Tower small burgers
    Ad infinitum
    kiki_doki Posts: 200, Reputation: 11

Jan 11, 2008, 04:32 PM
    You people are highly culinary!! Many thanks for the fantastic ideas (",)

Jan 11, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Keep forgetting to come back here with more thoughts.

Pigs in a blanket that can be cooked in your toaster oven. Pillsbury and maybe other companies make the blankets. They come in containers like the buiscuits. All you have to do is roll the hotdog.

Make hard boiled eggs ahead of time. Peel them and store them in the frig. They will be ready for the kids to make their own egg sandwiches. They can warm the eggs in the microwave over if they want them warm.

Buy baby carrots for the kids to munch on. I hear kids love them.

Brief instructions for making hard boiled eggs.

Put the eggs in a single layer in a pot. Add enough water to cover all the eggs by an inch. Turn on the burner and bring the water just to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat, cover, and start timing. The eggs should cook for XX minutes.

I leave mine for about 12 minutes in the summer and 17 min in the winter. You will have to experiment to see what you like or try Google.

To get the kids to eat their veggies, have them help prepare them.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase
    Tacos (reg and soft), burritos, quesadias
    Pepperoni rolls (pepp rolled into crescent rolls) dipped in spag sauce
    McD type pancake griddles
    Microwaveable White Tower small burgers
    Ad infinitum
    I forgot about tacos/nachos! If I might brag for a moment, I make AWESOME tacos! :)

Ground beef (or chicken, pork, turkey, sausage)
    1 can corn
    1 can black beans
    1 package rice (prepared; white or flavored, your preference)
    Taco seasoning mix
    Toppings (cheese, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce, etc)

Cook the ground beef and add the corn, beans and seasoning mix. Let simmer and add the prepared rice. Let simmer until liquids are more absorbed and everything is well mixed. Spoon over tortilla chips, into soft or hard taco shells. If with soft taco shells, roll onto plate (burrito-like) and top with salsa, sour cream, cheese, hot sauce, whatever you like. Knife and fork required! :)

Jan 11, 2008, 10:01 PM
    Feel free to use the large size corn tortillas for tacos for larger hands. You only have to make one large taco instead of two smaller ones.

Feel free to use the whole wheat large tortillas too. They are very tender and crispy

Don't forget the veggies. Kids can't concentrate to do their homework without veggies. Human's can't live solely on flour (ground up grains).

Have the older kids help cut up celery and carrot sticks

Make them veggie soaps.

Use canned soaps and then add fresh veggies to them. Chop up the veggies ahead of time and store them in a glass container with olive oil. They last longer in glass with olive oil.

Jan 12, 2008, 04:30 AM
    Here is a really good and SIMPLE chicken soup recipe:

Buy a package of legs only (or thighs) and cook them in a large pot of water. When they are done cooking add what ever vegestables you want. You can add about a tablespoon of rice. Add an onion cut in half. Add salt to flavor. Optional: tomatoe sauce for color and flavoring.

By cutting the veggies is large size, you can easily select the veggies out of the soup to customize each plate with whatever veggies each person will eat.

A whole cut up chicken works too.

Enjoy!!

P.S. I add very small pieces of carrots and zuchini to my meatloaf. About a tablespoon of each. It's a good way to introduce veggies to non veggie eaters.

Another P.S. remove the skin from the chicken.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alternatives to sex? [ 7 Answers ]

Since I can't seem to win my boyfriend over in bed, is there anyway I can bring my libido down... I've tried "doing it myself" but that just puts me in the mood even more, and with me being pregnant my hormones are driving me bonkers. There is absolutely no way I can change his mind so is there...

Shaving alternatives during pregnancy. [ 4 Answers ]

:) Okay... hello again to everyone first of all... it's been a while since I've posted anything. I have been around though. I have a question concerning alternatives to shaving during pregnancy... other than waxing! I'm 24 weeks along and I'm getting to the point where I can't get to some areas....

High School Alternatives [ 15 Answers ]

All right. I'm 15 and I really really don't belong in High School. I need to know a way that I can get my diploma in five months, when I turn 16. Because I'm dropping out so I can help my family with money. I'll probably be pulling two jobs . And I'm really kind of freaked out. Because I was just...

BK Alternatives [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am at a point where I have to file BK. What if I do not file BK and let the creditors sue me? What happens in order? Do I have to show up at court each time I get sued? I have no problem if they enter a judgement against me. I live in California. Thanks for your detailed explanations ...

Alternatives to bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

I don`t have enough debt to file for bankruptcy,only @ $500. Any alternatives?

View more questions Search