Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdriscoll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 09:49 AM
    My Wife moved out of the home
    Help!!
    My wife moved out of the home with our 5 and 3 year old children 5 months ago. She moved to her fathers house 2 hours away and in another state - from New York to New Jersey. The children are not in any danger. The reason for the move is my wife did not like the neighborhood or $1,000,000 new house we built together. I have spoken with a attorney and he informs me I have 6months to file to have the children returned. I feel he is sitting me up for a fee. My question is if I file to have the children returned, how will the judge view my wife's actions. And am I losing rights by not filing? Moreover, I discussed divorce with my wife and she states she has depression issues and is unhappy with herself and is not seeking a divorce.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 10:29 AM
    It's unlikely your wife left you just because she didn't like the house or the neighborhood. There must be more to this story. But in any case, I think you need to think about what you want. You don't sound like you want your wife back, just to see your kids? Why is this suddenly an emergency now? ("Help!!!!")

It's unclear what kind of help you want or need, since it's unclear what you want exactly. Do you want a divorce? Do you want her back? If you two are on good terms and she doesn't mind, it sounds like you need to fly to where she is, visit your children, and talk to her. Take a few days off from work and go visit her, unless she says she doesn't want you to. Ask her if that would be okay with her. If she's depressed, ask if she wants your help with that. You need to figure out whether she's just depressed or if you have serious marital problems.
    Asking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signed lease gave 1st last sec. Landlord sold home before I moved in. [ 6 Answers ]

I recently rented a home or so I thought. I signed a lease gave them 1st and last and security deposit, they cashed my check. 8 days before I am to move in they call and say they sold the home. I live in Florida. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but, I handled everything myself...

My Friend's Wife Moved out of State with Kids... his rights? [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing research for a friend of mine... he is not computer saavy, but I hate what he is going through, so I thought I would try and help him. Here is his story. His wife left Florida a couple of months ago and took their two small kids with her to KY. He sends the required child support...

Wife recently left home with our child [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, I am new here and need a bit of help, my wife of six years recently left home and took our 4 year old little girl with her. It was not a huge shock since we had been having problems but she was the one who was being unfaithful and I was the clean one. We are not separated or divorce...

Ex-wife moved out of state [ 2 Answers ]

Yes me and my ex-wife fought it out in court for custody of my 11 yr old daughter I was awarded joint custody and only 5 months after our divorce and 4000 dollars later she abused my dauhter nothing major just pulled her hair and twisted her arm. But was enough for me to go ballistic. Once I...

Mobile home drain needs to be moved [ 1 Answers ]

My big tub/shower leaked and ruined the floor. We took out all of the junk. I want to install a shower but I need to move the drain. There is a pipe with a vent and the drain sticking out of the floor. It was hiding in the space under the tub. How do I move the drain about a foot and still have it...

View more questions Search