Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angel0772001 Posts: 233, Reputation: 7

Nov 29, 2007, 09:17 AM
    My 2yr old won't sleep through the night
    :( Is there anyone that would know how to get my little girl to sleep through the night. We have tried everything that we can think of. She did sleep through the night at one point and time but she hasn't for about 6 months and its getting toward where she wants to just play at night. What can I do?? HELP!! :(
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Nov 29, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Does she nap very long in the afternoon? If so cut down on that and make sure she does some good quality playing during the day, also can depend what time you put her to bed at night. Maybe try putting her to bed later if you can, like when ever you go to bed. Just suggestions. Have a Merry Christmas.

Nov 29, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Well I put her to bed at 9:00- 9:30 She doesn't take a long nap maybe an hour. She is at day care from 8am- 5:30pm every day and they are always playing doing some kind of activity. Then she comes home I make dinner and feed her and we play for a while then I give her a bath and put her to bed. I don't know what else I should be doing. I don't think that its wold be wise to put her in be any later than that but I'm not sure that's why I'm asking. What do you think??
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Nov 29, 2007, 09:59 AM
    angel0772001,

I'm no expert but I have brought up three kids and often look after grandchildren. First you need to be firm. Check that she isn't going to bed too early for her. If she doesn't have to get up for school or kindergarten you can afford to let her have a later bedtime then gradually bring the bedtime forward again. Don't allow play but she can have a book to look at so long as she stays in bed. Even if she gets up you must put her back into bed no matter how many times you have to do it. I know this may sound tough but you are the adult and she is the child, and she is learning to obey you - not run rings around you. Get her up in the morning early and if she naps in the daytime make it just after lunch and only for an hour or so then wake her up. You could try taking her for a longish walk in the afternoon. Be firm, you're her mother not her friend. Children like the lines to be clear, they need to know what is expected of them, they need to know who is in charge. If all else fails try bribing her. Oops! I mean rewarding her. Offer to get her a treat at the end of the week if she stays in bed like a big girl. I hope some of this helps.
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Nov 29, 2007, 10:02 AM
    angel0772001,

Looks like I was writing my post when you posted again. I would look into the daycare thing make sure she isn't napping too long there.

Nov 29, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Well we get a little report of what she does during the day and how long her nap is at day care and its just about an hour so I'm still not that sure. But that has been helpful and ill try to take that into consideration. She just turned two and she is very attached to me so I don't know how well the book thing would work but everything is worth a try right??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two year old won't sleep through night [ 11 Answers ]

I have a two year old and he won't sleep through the night, he will go to bed but then wake up later on and stay up all night... is something wrong with him? Is there anything I can do? I do a bedtime rutine and everything... I am so frustrated!! :mad:

He won't sleep in his own bed! [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my son turns 4 in December, since he's been 2 we made his bedroom up, turned his cot into a bed and made it into a right litlle boys room, cars, bob the builder, Anyway when I put him 2 bed I usually read him a story, and he falls asleep in his own bed, but EVERY night around 2-3am, (uk time)...

I need sleep at night! [ 9 Answers ]

I live in a small city and there is a dog that lives next door that seems to be lost and forgotten about it cry's when the owners come home as if to be begging for food or attention. I feel bad for the dog But This dog barks all night long since the owners seem to not notice the...

5yo Dog won't sleep through the night [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 5yo Westie/ Shi Tzu Mix. She slept in her crate until about 6 months ago. Since then she comes into my bed at night time. The problem is that she gets out of bed anywhere from 1-10 times during the night. She doesn't have to go potty, she gennerly wants to go into the living room or just...

My one year old won't sleep at night! [ 3 Answers ]

Justyc was going through a stage where he would sleep from about 8 or 9 till midnight then be awake for an hour and go back to bed. As time went on the span he was awake from midnight gradually got longer. He is now to the point where he doesn't actually sleep for a long period. I have tried...

View more questions Search