Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mowingidiot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Governor On a Briggs and Stratton 11 HP
    When I change carbs on my engine I had to change all the linkage including governor arm. Can someone tell me the proper procedure for adjusting the governor. If I turn it one way it runs wide open all the time, If I turn it the other way, the throttle will change speed, as I move throttle, however, when I run into tall grass the engine slows too much.
    Please help. As I can mow but not much at repair without help.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Move the governor rod 1 to 2 knotches up at a time until you get it right, or you could carry it to a shop and let them set it with a tach. And did you get the correct carb?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs and Stratton 14.5 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Poulan 38" cut rider with a Briggs and Stratton 14.5 hp engine. It is about 6 or 7 years old and has always ran great and has had regular maintenance (oil change and plugs, kept out of direct weather). It sat in the garage for about 2 months due to illness when my wife decided to...

Briggs and stratton [ 6 Answers ]

My briggs and stratton lawnmower was running great then started spluttering. Cleaned air filter changed spark plug still the same. Spark plug goes a sootie black colour in 30 secs. Also its pulsing badly with a bit of black smoke. Any help welcome ...

How to adjust governor on older 8HP Briggs and Stratton mower motor [ 1 Answers ]

I had to dismantle two engines to make one. Have forgotten how to adjust governor. I have fully closed buttefly in carby, and turned governor actuating lever fully anti-clockwise before re-tightening clamp on governor arm. Is this right or wrong?

Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp [ 3 Answers ]

My friend has a Briggs and Stratton 16.5 hp engine on a riding lawn mower. He asked me if I had ever seen one that leaked oil from under the flywheel. He said there are two holes under the flywheel that oil is seeping out of. I am totally at a loss of the holes he is referring to and therefore I...

Briggs and Stratton 10 hp [ 1 Answers ]

Can some one help me I need to know what valve setting to set on my briggs stratton generator. Thank you for you help

View more questions Search