Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    infinite Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Maytag Dryer stops after running about 15 minutes
    I have a maytag dryer model LDE4914ACE. The dryer has a grinding sound when it starts up even if the drum is empty. The dryer will run for about 15 minutes initially then it will stop. I can start it up again immediately and it will run about 10 minutes and stop. I will finally get to shorter and shorter run times until it finally won't start at all. After I wait a while, couple of hours it will start up again. Any suggestions?
    Thank You.
    prairie son Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Nov 30, 2007, 04:05 AM
    Sounds like your motor is going out------it is over heating and shutting down----when it cools down, it will run for a while
    Prairie Son

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water stops running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a well and septic. Recently, the hot water has stopped running shortly after turning on and then after a bit (less than a minute) it comes on with full pressure. The kitchen has never had the water pressure that the rest of the house has, what could cause this? I also get a gurgling...

Maytag Dryer tumber starts/stops [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag dryer. When I push the timer button, it just hums. If my wife pushes the button and I turn the drum, it will start, then it "clicks" and turns off, until the RPM's are low and then starts up again. I took the drum and belt off. The motor spins freely. I then spun the blower...

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool top load washer agitates for 10 seconds and stops for 5 minutes and keeps this mode till washing cycle is done. There is no problem with draining and spinning. Can someone give me some ideas? I am desperate!

'90 Civic Stops Then Doesn't Crank for 15 Minutes [ 3 Answers ]

My 1990 manual transmission Honda Civic Lx has recently developed a random problem. It starts fine (both cold and hot) but it randomly quits running while on the road i.e.. The motor just dies (not on every trip). When I go to start it the indicator lights come on but it won't crank or even...

Washer stops after a few minutes [ 5 Answers ]

We just moved our Kenmoore washer for recarpeting and now the washer will not rinse. Before it worked without any problems. When we load it up and set it to wash, before it reaches to Rinse/Spin, it stops. It seems it can not drain the water for it to rinse. Please help :( Thanks!

View more questions Search