Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ankitha Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2007, 01:44 AM
    Regarding Loss weight.
    HI friends,
    This is ankitha from Bangalore, India.
    Actually, I want to know about weight loss.
    I heard that Hot water + Lemon can reduce the calories & fat.
    IS it fact?
    If it is when I have to drink, whether before brushing or after brushing?
    Please reply me... as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    Ankitha
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 03:44 AM
    Hi Ankitha,

I have never heard of that diet. But if lemon juice is part of it, you should definitely brush (your teeth) afterward. Lemon is acidic and can hurt your teeth if you leave it on very long.

Simone
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 08:41 AM
    The hot water and lemon is just part of it. It helps cleanse your system, but if you are then filling your body with bad foods it won't do much good.

Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables for the antioxidents.
    Use sea salt not table salt.
    Eat whole grains, nuts, legumes,
    Eat grapefruit unless you take certain medicines

http://www.sapphiresart.50megs.com/whats_new_1.html
    Herblay Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Dec 4, 2007, 03:36 PM
    That "diet" is sheer quackery.

To diet, you must do one of two things:

1. Decrease peaks in your blood sugar---Atkins or other.

Or

2. Decrease your calories / increase exercise. The key is to burn more calories than you ingest.

Lemon juice won't do anything, in and of itself.

Also; grains, nuts, and seeds are high in calories. Avoid them if you're trying to lose weight.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
    I have lost 7 pounds in one month on the cleansing diet. It detoxes your system.
    Toxins cause you to retain weight. Toxins build up in your system from many sources.

Dec 4, 2007, 04:01 PM
    You can lose 7 pounds by eating less salt and changing your body's salinity. 7 pounds is well within levels that you can normally fluctuate based on the amount of food, water, and feces in your body.

You will not lose weight by drinking lemon juice. Or anything else for that matter.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:03 PM
    It isn't about simply drinking lemon juice. If you notice the rest of my post I said you can't just drink
    Lemon juice and expect to lose. You have to do a whole healthy nutrition thing with it.

Dec 4, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Well, of course eating healthier can help you lose weight. Losing weight, however, is not the same as losing fat.

Changing to sea salt will decrease your sodium content. The amount of water in your body is determined by the amount of sodium (or salt) that we eat. This amount can vary A LOT. A lot of novelty diets have you switch to sea salt or eat low sodium food for a "quick loss", to get you motivated about their diet. Returning to your normal diet for a week or so will generally tell you if you just have experienced "water loss".

Grains and nuts are high calorie. Don't get me wrong, nuts and seeds ARE good for you, but an increase in calories WILL increase your weight. If you are going to increase your legume intake, you must drastically decrease calories elsewhere.

And lemon juice is primarily oils and vitamin C. Vitamin C is good for you, and it helps with cell function. It will not help you lose weight. The oils in lemons, however, may help. They will change the ph of your digestive track and increase the amount of bile you produce. This will decrease the amount of feces in your intestines, and may even decrease the amount of fluid. This will certainly show up as weight loss on the scale, but it will have no affect on the amount of body fat that you have.
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Balancing your sodium/potassium and other things in what I recommended help your anabolic balance and help your mitochondria, so it is about getting your system cleansed out so that you CAN lose the fat easier.

Also I did forget to mention use olive oil and oils other than the typical vegetable oils
    And butter instead of margarine to help lose.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Cleasing diets are great short term, but as Nohelp4you, states it takes a healthy diet of whole grains, fruits, veggies, lean meats, cooked in olive oil, baked or broiled, steamed. It also takes the correct portions of food, 3 oz of meats, as well as correct portions of fruits and veggies, legumes, beans and fish. Smaller portions of healthy foods, cutting out all processed foods, high sugar, sodium fatty, or fried foods. Reading the nutritional labels will show you the proper portion size of the foods your eating and help you decide what you should put into your body. Cutting out high fructose drinks will also help, drinking lots of water will help hydrate your body. You also need at least 3 servings of low fat/skim dairy everyday, like lowfat/skim milk, yogurt, cheese, it will aid you in losing weight. Snacks like chips, cakes, cookies should be eliminated and instead use of nuts of seeds in" small quantities." And the final part of course is exercise, without some form of exercise, nothing will work long term, even if you just walk 3-4 times a week for at least 30 minutes, but you have to get up and move your body. Any diet that prohibits a certain food group or limits all but certain foods, will not be healthy for you long term. A couple days of juicing, or liquid diets is OK, but your body needs protein, carbs, even fats in order to function properly.
    Santi Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 15, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Lemon juice does help to break down fatty tissue, alkalanize the body, and promote an overall healthy pH in the body. Is it a cure all? Of course not, however it is definitely a powerful tool in detoxing and losing weight.

If you would like to lose weight more permanently, a vegetarian diet high in mineralizing greens, and low in sugar with moderate balanced omega fatty acids will do you the most good in the long run.

Another option is to simply cut each meal you eat into thirds and eat two of those thirds, saving the rest for later, or giving it away to someone who is hungry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the best diet to get on I am 5'2" and am 140 I want to lose at least another 10-15 pds and not sure what could work for me a have tried so many other diets and got now where someone HELP:(

I'm trying to loss weight [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me! I'm jogging every day for half an hour and yet it's like I can't even loss a kilo! I think it's because I eat too much. But I'm starting to control myself. I weigh 62.2kg's and I'm 14years old. Please help! Is this an okay weight for my age!

How do I loss more of my weight? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm 14 and I'm like 218 pounds and I like this guy but he doesn't see me they way I want he only goes for my friends that are really skiny and I want to know how to loos my leg, belly, back, and arm fat Will someone hepl me...

Weight loss [ 1 Answers ]

I used to be very thin probably too thin I was 6 1/2 stone at 18. I didn't eat very much at all because I liked the weight I was at and every time I put on weight I felt repulsive. I sort of got over this when I seen some photos and I went up to a healthy 9 1/2 stone (I am 5"4) I have recently...

Weight loss [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, for the last 2 years I have been trying without any success to lose weight. Am not overweight but it seems impossible for me to loose even 2 kgs. Have tried weight watcher, south beach diet... Would it be possible that I do have problems with my tyroid and who should I consult for that?

View more questions Search