Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mya33 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Chocolate brown hair to ash brown
    I have dyed my hair chocolate brown for a few months now I really like it but it's annoying because it washes out and turns red so I decided to make a bit of a change and to dye it a different brown for example ash brown but I'm worried this won't get rid of all the red my hair has in it . How do I get rid of the red and make my hair light ash brown ?
    Thanks.:p
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 04:28 AM
    Do you swim in a clorinated pool? That can cause hair to take color poorly. A stylist colored my daughter's hair (daughter is a syncronized swimmer) by first applying a product called "silk." That's not the true name of the product, I can't remember it. But, her hair took color, and it didn't wash out.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 29, 2007, 08:38 PM
    To go from red to light brown without the red tones, you will need to pre-lighten the hair and then deposit the desired color. This hair coloring process can be tricky to do yourself. I recommend that you get it done professionally.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Achieve Chocolate Brown Hair Color [ 13 Answers ]

Hi. My hair is currently a medium natural brown with lighter golden highlights. I'd like to darken it a bit, but not too much, to a rich, chocolate brown (think Mary Louise Parker in Weeds maybe?). I'm not sure which brand or shade of color to use because i don't want it to turn red. ( the last...

Black hair, dyed brown, how can I dye it ash brown? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I have naturally very dark brown hair, its pretty much black. I have been dying it black for the past two years. Today I bleached it and then dyed it "light ash brown". Obviously it didn't come out "ash" at all it more like a golden brown. My hair is actually still very healthy after...

Already dyed hair (brown/orange) trying to turn it into a gold brown [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I dyed my hair last month opting for a nice brown that would show up a golden brown in the sun. However, it turned out a bit orange. The orange is not as strong as before. Probably because the color faded after washing my hair so many times. So my big dilemma is that I want to stay in the same...

How to lift black hair dye to go chocolate brown [ 2 Answers ]

My hair has been dyed black for awhile now. Then it got bleached out blonde. Half my hair broke off. Since then I have been conditioning it like crazy and I have gotten it back to almost normal. Its not mushy. Its shiny. I had dyed it back black a few months ago. Now my roots are coming in medium...

Can I re dye my hair from dark brown to a lighter brown or darker blonde? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my dilemma, please help!! I wanted to do a hair color change, so I had my hair 2 toned. I told her I wanted to be dark on the bottom and blond on top so she did half the bottom dark brown and mixed sandy blond with another color for the top and it came out very brassy/red did not look...

View more questions Search