Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abrewington Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 09:29 PM
    What accounts to be used and for what amounts
    Received a shipment of Cruze Faceshields for inventory. All merchandise purchases by Gold Run Snowmobile are recorded net. Invoices s4101 from swift, incorporated shows the list price of the merchandise at 150.00. Cash discounted terms of 1/10, n/30 are offered and the merchandise is shipped FOB destination.
    terryg752 Posts: 197, Reputation: 4

Dec 1, 2007, 05:46 AM
    I am not sure but I think it will be like this:

Upon receipt of shipment and invoice, you will

Debit the Inventory (Asset A/C)

Credit Accounts payables (Liability A/C)

Use the list price for all the above.

When you actually pay:

Debit the Accounts payables by same amount as above

Credit Cash with the amount actually paid

Credit Discounts Received account (Revenue account) with the amount of discount actually received.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeding amounts [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 dogs, all puppies and am wondering how much they should eat a day, Gracie is a 10 month old basset hound, Savanna is a 8 month old weimaraner and Bella is a 4 month old miniature dashound any advice would be helpful thanks

Large Amounts of Charitable Donations [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to help a friend who donated large amounts of small dollar value items to an animal shelter last year. Some were dollar store items, some were larger items like food, medical supplies & small cost equipment. The total value (based on her purchase price) totaled over $6000. How do I...

Wrong amounts in the box [ 2 Answers ]

I e-filed already, but forgot to put in another deduction from new house purchase, what do I do?

Dirt amounts [ 1 Answers ]

How much dirt would I need (in yards ) to fill a hole 1ft deep by 10 ft long by 15ft wide

View more questions Search