Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 07:45 PM
    I don't want to be depressed
    I'm really depressed and I don't think any of my friends like me and I have no motivation to do anything how can I be happier?
    thereisno4evr Posts: 63, Reputation: 0

Nov 28, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Go and see your doctor and get him to refer you to a psychologist.
    From there he will either sort you out with drugs, or put in place a plan that helps you overcome your current state of mind.
    Depression can be very debilitating, believe me I no. The sooner you get help the better.
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

Nov 28, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkxo
    im really depressed and i dont think any of my friends like me and i have no motivation to do anything how can i be happier?
    What are you depressed about? Is there a specific event / situation that has you depressed, or are you depressed and have no understanding as to why? When I was 17, I became very depressed, and I couldn't understand why. I went to see my family doctor, and spoke with them at lengths about how I felt. There are many different types of depression. There is SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), PPD (Post Partum Depression), Manic Depression, etc, etc. They may recommend that you see a psychologist, psychiatrist, or it may be as simple as trying a low dosage antidepressant, and taking it from there.

There isn't a stigma attached to depression like there was years ago. And there shouldn't be. It doesn't mean that you are crazy, it's like someone that has to take high blood pressure medication because they have HBP. Talk to your family doctor, that is probably the best place to start.

Good luck with everything. Let me know how things pan out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't want to hurt anymore please help me [ 3 Answers ]

Lately I've been really depressed I lost one of my best friends because of my boyfriend I could talk to him about anything and everything and now he's just gone and when I text him about it and how I need our friendshi back he said it didn't go anywhere that he has been to busy to talk to me but...

Just want to say thanks [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, well its been a tough 9 weeks but I got through the worst part. Im not leaving but I just want to take this time to say thanks to all of you, I don't have many friends I can turn too in the real world and so when I found this site I used it not knowing what to expect. What I found...

Want to depressed in relationship [ 13 Answers ]

I am in big trouble can anyone help me ,I am soft girl who never faaced this situation.

Don't want to feel like this [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just not even sure what to do anymore Right now I pretty much hate life I'm beginning to think that I'm not even supposed to be happy I just keep getting hurt I feel like I'm just not worth anymore And I feel so alone I just don't know what to do anymore Please help me what can I do...

How to give someone the hint that you really don't want to talk [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys Well OK some of you know there's a chick at my work that likes me she has a boyfriend.. and is my friends roommate so we live together basically.. she jumped on me when she was going into a ruff patch with her boyfriend.. I did kiss her a lot and hug her but no sex as I didn't trust...

View more questions Search