Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lclmsteve93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 09:00 PM
    Utility room conversion into a bathroom
    I am considering a conversion of my utility room into a pool side bathroom and flipping the W/D to the opposite wall. Can a washer, toilet, shower, and sink run off the existing sewer and vent pipe? Additionally, my house is built on slab foundation.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 5, 2005, 05:55 AM
    "Can a washer, toilet, shower, and sink run off the existing sewer and vent pipe? Additionally, my house is built on slab foundation."

Not if the existing washer branch is two inches. Most codes mandate a toilet branch be four inches under the slab and three inches for a second floor instalation.
    You may use the old washer vent to service your new bathroom group but I can see a lot of jackhammering in the future for you if you don't have at least a three inch branch to connect to. Good luck, Tom
    lclmsteve93 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2005, 12:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for your help. That has helped me with the decision as to what to do with my laundry/utility room and office nook. It just started a whole new gammet of ideas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Utility room backs up from Washer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old house in the suburbs with city sewer. My Washer is above my basement. The drain hose goes into the sink next to it. When the washer discharges, it create a flood in the utility room below from the drain. When I fill the sink with regular faucet water and drain it it does not...

All in one utility box... [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for some kind of network device that would serve as a Router, print server Wireless access point and be able to handle T1 or fractional T1. Anyone heard of anything like this?

Moving Laundry room and adding bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to move my laundry room to an adjacent room and combine it with a (new)full bath. The current laundry plumbing and waste is on an outide wall and the room has a floor drain in center about 6' in. The kitchen plumbing and waste is 10' away on the same outside wall. The waste line...

Password utility for excel [ 4 Answers ]

There was a utility ( I think MS provided it) for forgotten passwords in excel. I have some spreadsheets archived from some very early xl days, (office pro 97) Is there a way to open these spreadsheets if the password is lost ?

Installing a utility tub [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I want to install a utility tub in my laundry room. My question is, can I tee the tub drain into the washer drain stack? I really don't want to run a separate drain pipe all the way to the main stack ( about 30ft). About the house; single story, crawl space, laundry room at back of house,...

View more questions Search