Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptnoble Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 07:18 PM
    3-way switches: toggle vs. dimmer
    I have a set of lights controlled by two (3-way) toggle switches. I want to be able to dim these lights. Can I just buy two 3-way dimmers? Will they be able to be dimmed from either switch?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2007, 06:56 AM
    Most 3 way dimmers can only have a dimmer at one location. X10 could allow dimming from both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot dimmer switches [ 5 Answers ]

I work in a new commercial building and the overhead can lights and ceiling fans are controlled by dimmer switches. The metal switch plates get hot enough to be uncomfortable to touch. When I taped them off to prevent use until the contractor could look at them the glue on the back of the tape...

Dimmer Switches - Really Use Less Electricity? [ 3 Answers ]

I am asking if dimmer switches really use less or save on electricity or not? I ask, because an electrician who does electrical work for a friend of mine told him that they don't save on electricity. I have toggle style dimmer switches for most of the ceiling lights in my home. So, does anyone...

Dimmer switches [ 1 Answers ]

I have two dimmer switches with built in night lights on the toggle portion of switch. I noticed that both night lights started to flicker, otherwise the switch and lights work normal. Will the night light just go out eventually or do I need to replace them due to any possible dangers. ...

Dimmer Switches [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I got new diva dimmer switches installed today by a licensed electrician. Does anybody know if when they are in the off position I am supposed to see a light behind the actual switch? I was just wondering if they were installed correctly. Please help. Amy

Lights with dimmer switches buzz [ 2 Answers ]

The lights in our house that are controlled with dimmer switches all seem to have a faint buzzing sound when turned on. Does anyone know why this is?

View more questions Search