Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peeps4life Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Headboard wobbles
    I have a queen sized headboard and standard frame. They connect via hook-on plate. The problem is that my headboard appears to be floating just above the floor and this causes it to wobble and hit the wall whenever I move.

Is there a bracket or something I can do to make this connection sturdy enough so that I can actually sit up on my pillows and watch TV? Thanks in advance.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2007, 04:53 PM
    By standard frame, do you mean that the sides of the frame are wooden or metal?

Nov 28, 2007, 08:54 PM
    It is a generic metal frame.
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2007, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peeps4life
    it is a generic metal frame.
    Thanks for the clarification! The first thing that I would look for would be any screws or bolts that might be loose that are holding the parts in the headboard in place to which the frame sides attach. If there are any wood screws, lag screws or bolts that are loose, then I would try to tighten them. If anything might tighten because it seems that the wood has become too worn, then I would think about maybe drilling and putting bolts all the way through the headboard from the front to the back.

It really would help to see a picture of what the sides fasten onto though, if that is possible. There are at least several ways that frame sides can attach to headboards.

Nov 28, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Thanks I will take pictures tomorrow. This has been an issue since I got the headboard a year ago. There isn't anything loose, but like I said, the headboard seems to be off the ground while attached to the frame. No weight keeps it grounded and this leads to wobbling.
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2007, 11:41 PM
    That would be great if you would provide some pictures! When taking the pictures, please try to make sure that there is plenty of light and that metal surfaces are not shiny in the pictures. Thanks!

By-the-way, I am currently repairing a headboard for someone with a similar problem. Although, their headboard actually got broken where the attachment to the end of the side of the frame was.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "no weight keeps it grounded."
    bobsmyuncle Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 07:30 PM
    It sounds like this is what you have?

If so, it needs a little tension to keep things tight. Would these work better for you?
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 03:22 AM
    Good attempt and researching for an answer above! However, as peeps4life mentioned earlier in this thread, it is a metal frame.

Nov 30, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Clough,
    My camera is unavailable until I retrieve it from my parents' home.

By "no weight keeps it grounded" I mean that the feet of the headboard are "floating" and are bearing no weight. They are attached securely to the bedframe, but are 1/4" above the ground. This is what I believe causes the wobbling of the headboard, but don't know how to fix it.

I hope this helps explain until I get pics. It's soooo annoying!
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 05:59 AM
    It will be good to have the pictures so that we might be able to help you better! Thanks!

Jun 8, 2008, 01:06 PM
    http://www.bedframeparts.com/images/...structions.jpg

This diagram is exactly the problem I'm having. I have the same type of headboard and same type of metal bed frame. Does anyone know of a part I should use to prevent this "floating" and wobbling? Should I just get bolts and bolt the frame to the bed and create my own bolt holes in the wooden headboard?

Thanks for the help. It's so annoying.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Great searching for a helpful link in the post above! I do hope that peeps4life does return to take a look at further answers here, since peeps4life posted this question on November 28, 2007. If not, then what you have posted might be of benefit to others who have similar types of questions.

Jun 9, 2008, 09:54 PM
    Ha sorry for the delay! Anyone know a solution to my problem?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Headboard too short for Frame [ 8 Answers ]

I have a full size headboard I would like to use but my mattress and frame are queen size. Are there extenders available I could buy so I could connect my headboard to the bed frame? Thank You!

Headboard too short [ 3 Answers ]

Have a full size headboard with queen size mattress and frame. Want to use headboard and heard there are extenders that can be purchased. I will have to move bed often to change sheets etc. so can't just position headboard against wall. Thanks for any help.

Antique headboard [ 2 Answers ]

I recently bought a headboard/footboard from a dealer, who only had two of the brackets. They are made to hook into the old board (single hook) and bolt onto a modern frame. I've attached a photo of the bracket. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Or know of a different bracket that has a...

Kenmore washer wobbles during spin cycle [ 4 Answers ]

I acquired a used Kenmore 110-91552210. Don't know how old it is. During the spin cycle it vibrates and sounds off balance, does not walk. Doesn't seem to be effected by the size of the load. Can anyone help?

Daschund wobbles back and forth [ 2 Answers ]

My mini daschund randomly starting wobbling back and forth. She really looked like a bobble head doll, but it was her whole body. I don't know what happened to her or if this could be the result of a seziure... anyone know what I should do?

View more questions Search