Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    -schumacher- Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Trial balance
    Does accumulated depr and depreciation go in the trial balance? If they do then how do they match each other if say for example the depr for the year was 60 but accumulated depr is 120 as a result of this years and last years depreciation? Thanks
    qcmar24 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Nov 28, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Both accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense will appear in the adjusted trial balance, but only accumulated depreciation will appear in the post-closing trial balance.
    And accumulated depreciation and depreciation expense balances won't match unless they are in the first period(first time) of operation of the company.Remember depreciation expense is only a temporary account that is close at the end of each period, and accumulated depreciation is an asset account and will keep appearing in the trial balance and balance sheet.
    -schumacher- Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 02:01 PM
    I was asked to do a trial balance and I don't know if I should put in accumulated depreciation and depreciation charge for the year? What do you think I should do? And does accumulated depreciation include this years charge?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating balance sheet from trial balance [ 10 Answers ]

I am having issues getting a balance sheet to come out right from the given data from a trial balance. Can anyone help me out with this? I have included a picture of what I am working on...

Trial Balance & Balance Sheets [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am using Microsoft Money to do my husband's small company's books (Canada) If it's a sole proprietorship, do I really need a trial balance and balance sheet? Thanks Jeanne

View more questions Search