Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu2912 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Nov 28, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Pregnant.not showing yet.but belly is big?
    I am 11 weeks 4 days pregnant with my second child. I have not gained any weight yet and I am not really showing yet. But, for some reason my stomach just keeps growing! It's not a baby bump either, because it's not hard, I look like I have just gained a lot of weight. Can someone please explain why my stomach is getting so fat? Oh and I was a little overweight to begin with - 5"5, 160 lbs. Can someone help me out?
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Nov 28, 2007, 11:19 AM
    Hun chances are your uterus is growing up instead of out. Every pregnancy is different and you can expect to grow differently as well. You may find that you show a couple of months earlier than you did with your first one as well... being on the fluffy side as I am I could hid it until about seven months with my first, five with my second and only about three with my twins... so your growing and the baby is just pushing the fluff forward before it decides to show itself
    baby broody Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Nov 29, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Hi, somehow we'r in the same boat here,also my 2nd pregnancy I'm a bit ahead of you 13w 4d, I also feel and look big on the tummy side although its not a hard bump yet, I always imagine I'm having twins but won't know for sure until my scan
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Many women do not show until at LEAST the 16th week of pregnancy, and others not until the 20th week. If your doctor is not concerned, I wouldn't stress over it.

Now, if you were overweight, it may take even longer to begin to show. It is known that some overweight women NEVER show!!
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 1, 2007, 03:15 PM
    I had a bump at 10 weeks and you could see I was pregent. I am really tiny was underweight when I got pregnant. But my friend did not show till 30 weeks. We are all so different
    chelse10906 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 10:34 AM
    I'm 24 weeks pregnant, I have a belly, but its still kind of sqiushy, and only hard sometimes, like after I eat a lot. You can tell I'm pregnant, but my stomach just isn't hard, to me it just looks like I've gained a lot of weight, it bugs me sometimes, but I deal. Unless your doctor thinks something's wrong I wouldn't stress too much about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come I am not showing yet? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am 16 weeks pregnant and not showing at all!I feel like I'm never going to pop out? Is this normal and when am I supposed to get my little baby bump? I'm worried that I'm not even showing a little bit. When should I be getting a little bigger?

Big belly but am not pregnant? What's wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I will be turning 21 in a few days and I haven't had my period since August 7th. I went to the hospital for a "urine" pregnancy test and it came out negative. My belly is getting a bit bigger and bigger day in and out and I've noticed that when I breath, I tend to breath in deep (in a way...

Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager [ 1 Answers ]

I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help

Missed period, still not showing pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

My Husband and I are currently trying to conceive. I am currently 13-15 days late of my period. I have taken several hpt's that all show negative. I am moody, have been getting frequent headaches and cramping for about two weeks. Approximately 8-9 days post ovulation I had slight abnormal spotting...

Showing him I care [ 7 Answers ]

So I've been discussing with my boyfriend about why he got so mad so easily about my dream. He said he feels like I don't really care about him as much as I say I do, and that I don't really love him, because honestly, I do have a hard time showing people how much they mean to me. I've always...

View more questions Search