Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ms_sweet_n_pretty Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Well, the judge sent us to mediation... we will see what happens then I guess
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Nov 29, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Don't you have an order of protection on him?

Nov 29, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Since the charge against him was not Domestic Violence, but a criminal Assault on a Female, He is automatically served with a restraining order.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 29, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_sweet_n_pretty
    Well, the judge sent us to mediation...we will see what happens then i guess
    That's not a good sign. Mediation means the judge expects you to work out a compromise.

Nov 29, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Yea she didn't seem to want to get involved with it, because he has that criminal charge against him. I guess she was trying to be nice to him, because he would probably lose custody.

Nov 29, 2007, 07:37 AM
    How are you souposed to be around him if you have a restaining order on him. I think its time to contact legal Aid for a lawyer. They will be able to help you..

Nov 29, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Mediation is conducted in the courthouse, its allowed for us to communicate as long as we are in court. :-( but I still plan on getting a lawyer, because I don't think we will end up with an agreement. He is stubborn and selfish

Nov 29, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Do you want him to lose custody? Does he even do anything for your little one? Does he at least pay you child support?

Nov 29, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Naw, I don't want him to lose custody, he does love his son and my son does love him, but my son does not want to live with him and I want him to live with me and go to school in my district. He doesn't pay me child support. It makes things hard sometimes. He buys things for him and feeds him only when he is at his house.

Nov 30, 2007, 07:22 AM
    You need to take him to court for child support so that way he can help you, that is his responisablity as a father. I see where you are coming from I was once in the same boat you are in. Although I live in New York State and the laws here are very different. I hope all works out for you and your family!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Hello ms:

I see where you're getting a lawyer. That's good. Maybe if you had one yesterday, you would have won. I don't know.

I've been reading about all these things and all this stuff that you need to tell the judge. And, I've been reading about everybody agreeing that you have a good chance if you just tell the judge certain stuff...

The assumption above is that court is fair. Plus, I didn't see one person ask, nor did you say whether HE has a lawyer or not.

From MY perspective, court is NOT fair. Court is WAR. Court is about WINNING. If you go to court WITHOUT your army, and he HAS an army, fair ISN'T part of the equation.

It's all wonderful that you have this information that supposedly will help you. But, if you CAN'T get it in front of a judge, it's garbage.

excon

PS> I understand that court is ultimately about the best interests of the child. But, the best interests of the child aren't served if you don't WIN.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Ranger starter good, battery good What else? [ 36 Answers ]

I have a '92 Ranger that won't start it just clicks one time. I thought it was the starter but it is good. I changed the battery terminals and that fixed one problem now it clicks until you turn the key off. I can't figure it out any advise? Thanks.

Jazz shoes. Good or not good fit? [ 8 Answers ]

I just got a new pair of jazz shoes the other day for dance. My old jazz shoes were much cheaper (from payless) and fit on my feet just right. Now I just got capezio jazz shoes that are much nicer and have nicer leather and such. But they are tight is this normal? How should jazz shoes fit on your...

What are the chances. [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have never had unprotected sex, we have always used condoms. I am not on the pill and I never have been. My last period was on July 12, which makes me 58 days late today. I have taken 4 HPTs, and a urine test at Planned Parenthood, and all have been negative. There has been no...

What are my chances? [ 16 Answers ]

I am a Dad first and foremost. I have a six year old daughter that I have had all of her life. I have been solely responsible for up bringing. Her mother has been involved the entire time but most of that was forced by me. We were never married but I never had to worry about "actually" having...

View more questions Search