Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2005, 10:07 PM
    Favorite old horror movies
    I'm just curious what everyone's favorite old horror movies from the 60s, 70s, and 80s are... plus I'd like to see if there's a movie someone loves that I haven't seen yet! I like many of the old movies, but I think my favorites are:

1960s: The Innocents, Carnival of Souls
    1970s: The Exorcist, Suspiria
    1980s: The Changeling, The Evil Dead
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 3, 2005, 10:17 PM
    I like everything Stephen King has come up with so far. My first favorite of his was in book form called 'The Stand' and had to wait 5 years until they made a movie out of it.

I don't know the years exactly, but I also enjoyed all the Nightmare On Elmstreet, Halloween series.

Otherwise, I'm more into Science Fiction- typical of an Aquarius that I am.

orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2005, 10:30 PM
    The Stand was one of Stephen King's better miniseries I think! My favorite movies of his though are Carrie and The Shining. The Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street Movies are good too... thanks for sharing! :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 4, 2005, 12:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by orange
    The Stand was one of Stephen King's better miniseries I think! My favorite movies of his though are Carrie and The Shining. The Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street Movies are good too... thanks for sharing! :)
    You're right, it was a mini-series, but I recorded it and left out the commercials. For some reason I did like the book better, but still enjoy the video.
    kebebos Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Old Ones: The original "Invaders From Mars" is like a bad dream. The original "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", an English movie called "Dead Of Night", Val Lewton's "I Walked With A Zombie" - very creepy. The 60's: the original version of "The Haunting", Mario Bava's "Black Sunday" with Barbara Steele, Roman Polanski's "Repulsion". From the 80's on: "High Tension", "Open Water", "Demonic", "Re-Animator", "Cabin Fever", "Forsaken", "The Stepfather", "The Dentist", and "The Howling" - a great werewolf movie. As for the 70's: the absolute best version of Dracula ever (no kidding) - the BBC TV version of "Count Dracula" with Louis Jordan as Dracula, Frank Finlay as Van Helsing, and Judi Bowker as Mina - just recently available on DVD. The Hammer Films with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee - "Curse Of Frankenstein", "Horror Of Dracula" and "The Mummy". Boris Karloff in the original "Frankenstein" and Val Lewton's "The Body Snatcher" . And of course, you must see "The Exorcist" and Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Horror sites [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me what are the greatest sites for "Horror Movies"?

Your favorite movies or list of favorites [ 23 Answers ]

My favorite movies would have to be the godfather trilogy. No matter how many times I see them. You just got to love them. Then I have to go with Harry Potter. Then lonsome dove series Any thoughts people.

Bathtub Horror [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to re-do my bathroom which was going very well until I tried to get my cold water knob off the stem, I tried several things to try to get it to come off, eventually I just made the knob body come off the stem and in turn I broke it "imagine that". I took off the hot water stem...

Skin horror [ 1 Answers ]

Hi room,I'm very interested in skin lightnin without blemishes,I've used lightenin creams for some time and always have brown or black patches like knuckles etc,very embarassin,now I have some spots white spots,after a brief enjoyment of blemish free skin its back to sq one,please how can I get rid...

Looking for name of sci-fi/horror flick [ 3 Answers ]

From what I remember this movie was set somewhere in the west maybe Nevada like area; anyway, alien invades town/rec area, has big head and the main thing is that he has these small creatures that he throws like frisbees at people, creatures are circular w/ claws around edge and teeth in center....

View more questions Search