Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmoney783 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Phyisics Force
    Im really having problems with these force problems. It is much appreciated if you can help thanks!

1. A clerk moves a box down a horizontal aisle by pulling on straps attached to the box. The horizontal force is 250 newtons. The box is 35 kg. What is the coefficiant of kinetic friction?

2. What is the acceleration of a pillow that is being pulled 5 newtons in a 37 degree angle. The mass of the pillow is 1.0 kg?

3. what are the x and y componets of a 509 kg pumpkin inclined on 30 degree angle. (Assume the pumpkin is at rest)
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Nov 27, 2007, 07:07 PM
    hmmm are you sure question 1 is given all the information?

for question 2 you have a simple formula using newtons second law fnet = ma. So you have 5 - mgsin37 = ma now you just plug in your numbers and solve for a.

for question 3 very simple too all you need to know is what are components. The x component is mgsin(angle) just plug in your knowns and the y component is mgcos(angle) again just plug in your knowns. Simple as that

Hope that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

Title 4 force when were together [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the song that goes I'm a force when were together

How can you force your beliefs on someone? [ 66 Answers ]

:confused: Please tell me if someone simply states what they believe how is that forcing your beliefs?

Who knows about Force Problems? [ 1 Answers ]

hello I have a few questions :confused: thank you!:) 1) Calculate the force you exert as you stand on the floor assuming you weigh 180 lb. (1 lb = 0.454 kg). 2)A dragster starts with zero velocity and completes a 402.1 m (0.2513 mile) run in 4.910 s. If the car had a constant...

Force buyout? [ 7 Answers ]

California - Bought a home with a friend and due to unforseen circumstances I will not be able to live in the house we purchased. So we have talked about a refinance in his name only but keeping me on the title. Since I will not be living there there is no reason to continue with paying my part...

View more questions Search