Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piikea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2005, 08:34 PM
    Connect 2 computers to burn a dvd...
    I am attempting to connect 2 computers to burn a dvd. I think(? ) w/ a crossover cable I can figure out how to make the connection. Why am I doing this you ask...
    PC1 (running Me) has the dvd burner & software but is FAT32. Figured this out when the downloading 6.1GB .img got error message at 4GB.
    So... now copied it to ext. HD & then onto:
    PC2 (running XP) & downloaded the rest & have the entire 6.1GB .img. However, PC2 has no dvd burner or software!

If a working connection between the 2 is made, will it be possible to burn the dvd on PC1 getting the data (the .img) that is on PC2? Is this crazy or possible?

(Rather not use DVd Shrink to shrink the .img because it removes menus & such in the process from what I understand.)
    ether-Mike Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 01:03 AM
    You can try this:

Connect the two PCs using an RJ45 cross cable. Then the only thing you have to do is share the hard-drive which contains the DVD image with the first computer.

When you run the DVD burning software just select the image from its current location in the first computer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2005, 06:25 AM
    Unless you are using a double layer DVD, the max capacity of a DVD is 4.7G. So 6.1G won't fit.

There are several ways to connect 2 PCs. If both have Ethernet cards an crossover Ethernet cable can do the job, but it means manually configuting the TCP/IP properties on both PCs.

What exactly have you tried to make the connection?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect via remote desktop two computers on lan [ 9 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone could provide me with step-by-step instructions on setting up Remote Desktop on two networked computers (not using internet) in an office. Both machines have windows xp pro. I want to be able to work on the other office computer without having to keep walking over to the...

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

How to connect two computers? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everybody.. I'm new to computers.. n I've got two computers at home with windows xp running on them. I would like to know how to connect them to each other. I've got no NIC card and no cross over cable. Let me know the things I need them to connect. And secondly if I would like to connect them...

I need to connect my 2 home computers [ 23 Answers ]

On one internet connection. I am afraid to go wireless, because one computer is on the second floor of the house and the other in the basement game room. I want to know if a router (and the most cost effective one to get) would work with our computers. The basement computer has Windows 98 and...

How to connect two computers together by a wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I am new in Communication and networking so please your answer must be in details... My computer in the living room with windows XP home edition.. the other computer with windows 2000 with servie pack 4 in my kids bed room.. my wirelss router is linksys connected to my computers and...

View more questions Search