Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 3, 2005, 08:16 PM
    Cult
    Can some one please tell me about cults and what is it exactly? Do they have a club? Are they good? ;) thank you Im just kidding about the club thing.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 07:26 AM
    Many things are called cults... and typically the answers would vary greatly as to whether one in particular is good or not.

Here is "cult" from dictionary.com:

a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.

b. The followers of such a religion or sect.

A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.

b. The object of such devotion.

An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2005, 07:35 AM
    There are 2 definitions of the word cult.
    #1 seems to be the most popular usage: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult and
    #2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_%28religion%29
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 5, 2005, 07:43 AM
    Ah that explains some things. Always wondered about them. I thought I might make my own little cult. Well all shave our heads bald look like marilyn manson. How about guys. :D Im only kidding! Thank you for the in formation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Your definition of a cult. [ 66 Answers ]

What religions do you believe are cults and why

View more questions Search