Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pain in the Neck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Auto insurance and medical payback
    I hope I am posting in the correct area. Anyway my wife was in an accident a year ago the at fault partys insurance claimed responsibility, we did not have med pays on our insurance so we used our health insurance we have never indicated to our health insurance that this was an auto accident. Why should I have to repay back medical expenses to the insurance company? Our attorney submitted a settlement for 30k just today he came back and said they said 12k so the bickering begins we certainly won't end up with the entire settlement but when I look at it if we have to pay back 7k for medical expenses and the attorney gets 33% then we get the shaft? Shouldn't the other party have to pay for our med expenses?

Pain in the Neck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Yes the other party does pay for it, it is in the settlement money, so when they offer so much money, and what you ask for, should be.
    The amount of phsyical damage to the car, the payment of all medical bills, and then the balance of pain and suffering and so on.

So when they had you a check, part of that check is to pay back your insurance company. So the other insurance is paying, it, just including it in the check they hand you. Don't understand why you did not think that was them paying??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to retire from a large corporatation where I pay monthly premiums into our medical/dental plan. When I retire at end of year - that will stop and will purchase another family policy on my own. My wife has a travel agent business (a franchise - i.e. she receives a 1099 from them). My...

Where to go when no medical insurance? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 55 year old female. I have always been employed and had health insurance. However, at the beginning of this year I lost my job as a secretary at a school. I am working at a job now that pays only one-half of what I was making and does not offer health insurance. I have qotten quotes and...

Medical insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My name is Doren , I'm student, I want to join low amount of medical insurance but I don't know how to apply, give me some informetion,

Medical insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Helo I am working in a private company. Living with 55 years old mother, wife and a kid. I heard something about medical insurance. Please tell me more about it and how this will helpful in my life. Please refer some reliable insurance company nearest to my location. I am living in bangalore,...

View more questions Search