Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amado Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2005, 07:23 PM
    concrete curing
    Ok, my shower drain worked out great! I just poured my concrete and am wondering how I will know when to spray with water to keep it from cracking while it is curing. The slab is 3" thick and 3'x6 1/2'. I live in Denver, very dry climate.
    Especially this time of year. Your skin can't get enough lotion, you even get shocked when you reach for the door handle on your car! So, I would guess that I will need to wet it more often than in more humid area's.
    Thanks
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 3, 2005, 08:44 PM
    You can cover the concrete w/ plastic after you spray it to keep the moisture against the slab

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete Over Asphalt? [ 5 Answers ]

My driveway is in need of repair. It is a straightforward enough job, being only 25' X 16'. I was going to have the old, existing asphalt resurfaced with a fresh coat. Simple and at a reasonable cost. However, my wife wants something a bit more elegant and, of course, expensive. I checked out...

Concrete vs. Fiberglass [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for a reason NOT to use premade fiberglass shells. Any insights? Am I missing something?

Concrete question [ 4 Answers ]

I poured a 10x12 concrete section with a floor drain in the middle. I thought I had the proper slopes from all angles when I floated it, but I see now that I didn't as water is pooling along the back wall and in the front right corner. How can I go about correcting a problem like this short of...

To concrete or not to concrete [ 8 Answers ]

... that is the question, and here is my situation: I'm getting ready to drop in my Kholer 60" one piece fiberglass shower (no tub) on my basement concrete floor. I've asked two different contractor friends whether or not I should set in concrete. One said definitely, without hesitation. He said...

Water under concrete... [ 3 Answers ]

I recently jackhammered a hole in my basement floor to search for a buried drain pipe. I found the pipe, and now I'm going to hire a plumber to center a shower drain for me. The problem I've experienced is a pool of water has accumulated under where the pipe is underground. I cleared the...

View more questions Search