Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dragoon626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 02:11 PM
    How do I get rid of dual boot option at startup?
    OK have tried everything on this page How to edit the Boot.ini file in Windows XP

To get rid of this problem and nothing worked. I don't even care about the files left behind I just want to get rid of the option with out having to reformat my HD because I have already activated my windows xp. And I heard it is a real pain to reformat after because of that.

Help me.
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2007, 07:30 PM
    I am not a computer expert but try this

Start -> run->msconfig

Go to boot.ini tab and choose your windows version and select tab "set as a default"

If it didn't work, you can minimize your timeout seconds till you get the right solution

Hope this help
    Askee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 04:53 AM
    I've Windows 2000, where there is no option to edit but for XP u does have an option to edit.. u can do the following :

. Right click on "My Computer" Icon on desktop and click on properties

. Select advanced tab and there u can easily edit using the buttons provided..

Let me know if it work?

Regards
    Solveee
    moyenda Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Dec 4, 2007, 06:01 AM
    How about simlpy... right click my comp>>properties>>Advanced>>start up & recovery-settings>>edit>> then just delete the other listed partition!

Hope you succeed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My computer won't dual boot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with my computer not dual booting. I had windows xp installed and then I installed unbuntu linux. I don't know what went wrong but know when I start my computer it will go dirrectly and boot in linux. It won't give an option to choose windows or linux. I did not reformat...

Boot linux from an external hard drive dual boot? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I boot linex from an external hard drive dual boot. How do I do it ?

Dual boot problem [ 13 Answers ]

Have win.xp home-SP2.pent 4,1.6.40g HD, 512 ram.a2nd-HD, 100GIG.Idid clean install of xp then using norton ghost cloned it over to 2nd HD.Also have partition commander to give doul boot,iwould like to save c:drive as a back up.useing my d: 100 g.for every day use. The problem I have is when I down...

Dual boot [ 3 Answers ]

I was dual booting win 2000 and xp then I removed 2000 but when my computer boots the message select the operating system to start still apears how do I get rid of this

How can I delete option Win Xp boot menu [ 1 Answers ]

In win xp, the boot menu that offers different os choices contains an invalid listing. How can I delete it?

View more questions Search