Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bass415 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
    How to recycle Moniter?
    :) Does anyone know where to get rid of a second hand moniter?when you replace your moniter what do you do with the old one?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 12:57 PM
    I belong to a group called freecyclle. Go to Yahoo.com and type it in a search engine there may be one in your area that you can join. Its design is to keep the landfills clean by recycling to each other or to non-profits.
    Call your local garbage collection agency usually they will let you know of area recycle areas.
    Donate it to Good Will or Salvation Army or any second hand Thrift Shop.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Nov 27, 2007, 01:11 PM
    Or you could list it on Craigslist. If you don't want it anymore, just list it as free, as long as they come pick it up. If nobody ends up wanting it, you're not any worse off, except 5 minutes of your time to make a free listing and check your email.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 27, 2007, 01:29 PM
    My Sanitation department accepts monitors as bulk pickup. Meaning you have to call them to come pick it up and they give you a scheduled date and you put it out on that date. Also HP (HP Environment: Product Return&Recycling) has a recycling program.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2007, 01:39 PM
    My county recycling center CHARGES $2 to accept them.
    Soundmanc Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 12:01 PM
    We're almost done replacing all of our CRT's with LCD monitors. Anything CRT 17" and above we gave to The United Way. Everything else we had to call in a company to dispose of for us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moniter screen dull [ 1 Answers ]

Hi am Savio, 2 years back I brought a second hand computer system from a hardware Engr. Till Last week it was OK but now when I start the computer the screen which appears on the moniter Looks good sharp with good colour but withn seconds it starts to Smudge till totally any one could read what...

How to moniter my network [ 4 Answers ]

Hi allof u :) I have a small network of fifty computer ,all computer is connected with internet. I want to moniter the downloading and uploading of every system ,I want to see the status Of which types of downloading is perform by any perticular system. Some time when any body download...

Moniter screen [ 3 Answers ]

Sometime my PC moniters colours changes itself like from normal colour to green colour. How do I solve it?

Moniter standby [ 14 Answers ]

I decided to clean my heat sync and fans before I attempted to unlock my Athlon to make sure that the cooling I got was sufficient. I removed all the IDE cables and unplugged all the power cables, took my motherboard out of the case so I could get at things more easily. Then I detached the sync...

Moniter Problem [ 5 Answers ]

Hey Guys, My moniter suddenly got this problem. It has all the vertical black lines moving too fast and continues because of which the display is fully blured. It is kind of continuous extensive flickering which makes viewing impossible. This thing was intermitent when the problem started two...

View more questions Search