Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 3, 2005, 02:44 PM
    Where do we go?
    When a person dies their spirit leaves their body right? So then where does this spirit go? Does it go to heaven or hell or does it just roam around the earth until its time to go?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2005, 05:32 PM
    There are many different thoughts and beliefs. So if you do not mind I will just mention them right here.

Here goes.

There are some people who believe that when we die, that is it. No more existence, no more awareness, just nothing.

There are some who believe in reincarnation. Some believe in different types and different options of coming back into another life. As a human being or even an animal depending on the souls accomplishments or non accomplishments.

There are some who believe that there is a heaven and hell. I prefer not to believe in hell, but some beliefs in the defination of hell are different. Some say that hell is just the grave meaning dead to everything. Some belief in this hell fiery place that burns the crap out of you for eternity. Some believe that hell is something that you have done in life, something that you obsessed over or something you did you will have to completely relive that moment for eternity which is hell.

As far as heaven. Heaven being blissful and peaceful with the presence of God. All pain and all tears and sadness and everything hurtful is taken away and you are able to live with God meeting spirits you once new and being welcomed back home.

There are other things as well and other aspects. For me having a connection to God. Always being thankful for my life and knowing that we all have learning experiances here on earth. Does God want any of us to go to hell. In my opinion a loving father would not want this. Belief in God is very important.

In the bible they give 7 stages of death of a good person after death, and 7 stages of a bad person.

The soul after death 2 ESDRAS 7

Then I said, sir, may i ask you, explain to me what happens when we die. When each of us must give back our soul? Will we be kept at rest until the time when you begin your new creation or will our torment begin immediately.
    I will answer that questionalso.When God the most High pronounced the final decree that a person shall die, the soul leaves the body to return to the one that gave it. Immediately it praises God. The people who had no use for God and hated those who worshipped God. There is no place of rest for their souls, they must wander around forever in torment, grief and sorrow. First - they ignore the law of God. Second - they can no longer make a sincere repentance and obtain life. Third - they see the reward built up for those who put their faith in God. Fourth - They think about the tormant that has been stored up for themselves. Fifth - They see angels guarding the homes of other souls in complete silence. Six - They reconise their punishment. Seventh - Worst of all they see the glory of the most high. They are sick with remorse and shame. They cringe in fear because while they were living they sinned against him. And now they are about to come before to be judged on the last day.

Now for the people who followed the ways of God.While they lived on earth through danger and difficulty they served God. Here is what they will receive. They will rejoice when they see the great glory of God. He will receive them. They will enter their rest in seven stages of joy. First - They rejoice in joy that they struggled hard and won victory over evil impulse, which did not lead them to death from life. Second - To see the endless wandering of souls of the wicked and the punishment awaiting them. Third - To know what a good report their maker has given about them, during thier lifetime they kept the law that was entrusted in them. Fourth - To appreciate the rest that they are to enjoy in places where they have been brought together, guarded by angelse in complete silence, with the glory that is waiting for them at the last day. Fifth- To rejoice that they have now escaped the currupt world and they will receive the future life as their possession. They can see both narrow, troubled world from they have been freed and the spacious world they will receive and enjoy forever. Sixth - To be shown how thier faces will shine like the sun and how they are to be like the light of the stars that never die. Seventh - Joy, and best of all is when they rust to meet God face to face, with perfect trust and happiness, without any fear or shame. They served him during their lifetime and now they will receive from him their reward in Glory.

When the soul is released and seperated from their bodies, they will be given time to see what you have told me about? They will be free for seven days.

I know there is a lot of information. There are even theories that heaven and hell are have different dimensions and that those different vibrations or dimensions are right here on earth and that is why some people are able to see the other side, or feel them because they are close to us but in a different realm right here on earth.

My question to you is what do you personally believe? SORRY FOR THE VERY LONG REPLY. Hope you do not get bored from this long post.

Joe
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 3, 2005, 06:03 PM
    I hope there isn't any hell. But I think that if there was it would be reliving your worst nightmare over and over. That would be my idea. Heaven would be my idea of heaven and would not look the same to everyone else as it did me. Maybe it will be like one of those dreams where you never want to wake up and you want to stay there forever and when you do wake up you always try to get that dream back but maybe this time it will be forever. Maybe when someone dies they go to some other world outside of ours and stay there safely until its time to go to their final destination or maybe they just go straight there but then that doesn't explain about people seeing ghosts. I know there is a god and jesus and well see them sometime. Are god and jesus the same person or separate people? I also often wonder that while god made jesus and everyliving thing then who was it who made god. Where did god come from?and then where did the people that made the people that made god come from? My step mom says that he always was but what is always was? I donot understand. Where did always was come from?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2005, 06:21 PM
    I personally do not want to believe in hell eighter but we do need to except the possibility of it. Jesus said that I am leaving soon to prepare a place for you. My father in heaven has built many different rooms in one house. So heaven has many different places for different people to live out their purpose. I do believe that. The trinity. Three. Some people say well how can you consider this one God. First I will explain the trinity as I know. The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost. These three make the ONE GOD. For us we have one body but our body is made of many different parts and that is exactly what God is like. God is one, but he has many parts to his spirit. The question can be endless and I do not think our minds can wrap around the idea of if God created us then something must have created God and then who created and so on and so on. God has always been and always will. His presence was the beginning. Personally I do not feel that this question can be actual fact answered until we face God ourselves one day. I am happy to hear that you believe In God and Jesus. Trust that one day the mysteries of life will be revealed to us.

Joe
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2005, 06:25 PM
    Heaven or hell
    There are many thoughts on it.

First if you are not a Christian you may believe that death is just that, the end of everything and there is no spirit to go anywhere.

If you are a Christian, you normally believe there is a heaven and hell (although some believe that everyone goes to heaven but will be rewarded differently)

When we get there is unknown, perhaps the spirit is merely sleeping until the final day when Christ calls us home. Perhaps there is a between place where all spirits live in peace until that day.

And of course since God is the creator of space and time, perhaps we awake at death already on the last day of judgement and find ourself in heaven or hell.

The result is that our spirit will be in one of the two places at some point or time
    cute cat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2005, 09:46 PM
    How do I get a happy life before and after my death?

It's a question that every body asks it about life, and why we are living on this earth? And where will be taken after death?
    It seems questions without any answer to us.

But before explaing it, we must know that (sleeping process) is a minimum sample of death, and anyone wants to try death, he must think of his self while sleeping, because in this process he seems like a dead person.

While sleeping, don't you see in your dreams things like(you are walking down the street, jumping, driving your car, or even you dream about a monster wants to kill you?)

Sleeping is like death, after your soul is taken you will see other things in another world, you will see angels take your soul.
    If you have good deeds and you have obeyed god's commands, your soul will be taken by mercy angels.
    But if you have done evil deeds and you haven't obeyed god's commands, your soul will be taken by torture angels, and this issue is so frighten because you will be tortured so hard.
    And this is life.

So we have to obey god's commands, and not running after the forbidden things, so these things can help us to avoid the hell.

Are you created for no raison in this life?
    Are you created to play around?
    These are earth, sky, stars, planets, water and everything on this earth, are they created for nothing?

Think about all of this, and start to search about the truth, you are here for a short term and then you will be gone to another world maybe today or tomorrow, and god will
    Judge you about your deeds.
    And those tyrants whose crimes are beyond count , god will judge them when relief has become.
    Yes, god can do that process (relife).
    For example: you were not exist right? And you will die, the one who made you for the first time can make you alive person for the second time.
    We believe as muslims that life is a short pathway, we are all going to die, but there is another life "endless life" never ends with death, and that's why we are working for it, for the heaven,
    Which has an endless life.
    And there we can see all of prophets and lovers who believed in god and worked for the heaven by their good deeds.
    We are all going to see prophet mohammed , jesus , moses and all of prophets in heaven, since entering heaven.
    So I recommend you to search for the truth in this world.
    Now you are in an examination in this life, god created you to examin you whether you would obey his commands or not,
    When you obey his commands then you will enter the heaven,
    But in case you haven't obeyed his commands you will enter the hell.
    Dear.. you were not created for nothing, you will be asked about your deeds, and we are (as muslims) living in happiness, because we have been told in holly Quran that there is another life that we will see god in it, in case entering the heaven.
    :)
    cute cat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2005, 05:19 AM
    For more info enter this site

http://www.islam-guide.com/life-after-death-by-wamy.htm

:)
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2005, 06:46 AM
    After Death
    Hi,
    As others have pointed out, there are many beliefs.
    Personally, I believe in Heaven and Hell, and the only way to get into Heaven is by repenting, being Baptized, and accepting Jesus as your Savior. Other churches, religions, and faiths believe somewhat differently.
    Still others, believe that after death, there is nothing. You die, that's it.
    You have some very good answers here. Books and books have been written on this subject.
    nice name Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2005, 05:30 AM
    Hi
    This site may help you , just press on it and choose ( after life)...

toymachineVI Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2006, 06:32 PM
    The end of the road (life)
    I am fifteen and have gone to very strict Baptist School in Charleston, South Carolina for 11 years now. The school pressured and pushed us into believing that heaven and hell exists hoping to get it into our heads that we must be good. Then in 8th grade one of the student in my class had sex with one of the teachers; about a month later another teacher was fired for "drinking" with another teacher that was also fired.

My point being that no matter what someone tells you you must do to a good Christian, remember that no one is perfect and can give great advice and follow it. When it comes down to it we can't just take a leap of faith and hope that we land in heaven, but we must do what we believe is a good and earn our place in where ever we want to be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search