Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rndygit Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2005, 02:26 PM
    PC to laptop wireless
    I recently bought a laptop with wireless capabilities ( HP winxp) and would like to set up a wireless connection with my PC ( winXP). I bought and installed a wireless DSL gateway( ActionTec) which I've installed and set up on my PC. However my laptop is not receiving any signal ( or so it seems). I know it must be working as it's showing another wireless signal in the area but not showing any from my PC. Any suggestions ? Plwease use simple laymans terms when responding please... very new at this lol
    Thanks
    Phloyd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rndygit
    I recently bought a laptop with wireless capabilities ( HP winxp) and would like to set up a wireless connection with my PC ( winXP). I bought and installed a wireless DSL gateway( ActionTec) which I've installed and set up on my PC. However my laptop is not recieving any signal ( or so it seems). I know it must be working as it's showing another wireless signal in the area but not showing any from my PC. Any suggestions ? Plwease use simple laymans terms when responding please...very new at this lol
    Thanks
    What is the model of your laptop (numbers)? What is the speed of your wireless card in your laptop? What is the model number of your DSL gateway? I am assuming that your PC is connected via ethernet cable to your DSL gateway. Are you successfully connecting to the internet with your PC? From what I gather, you cannot connect to your wireless gateway at all. You see another network with your laptop, but not your wireless gateway. This is different than being able to see your PC. First you need to be connected via wireless to your gateway. Be able to surf the net with it. Then we can look at connecting to the PC.

Help: Troubleshooting the Actiontec DSL Gateway is the company's trouble shooting site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless hook up for a laptop [ 4 Answers ]

I have cable internet with a desktop and want to hook up my new laptop with core duo in another room.

Wireless and non wireless connections [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a laptop from my employer to use at home and at work. At work it is networked via a wireless connection and broadband Internet access is via this network. I took it home and set up the connection to work with my own ISP (NTL) and that worked fine. The problem comes when I take it...

Spyware/adware on dell wireless laptop? [ 4 Answers ]

I have win xp pro. My son bought a dell inspiron 1150 laptop (wireless). We hooked up the router to my desktop and cable modem. My question is, if my son gets spyware/adware on his computer, will that spyware/adware go on my desktop since we are hooked up to my cable modem? This might sound like a...

Wireless for laptop [ 5 Answers ]

I have a laptop computer with an available slot for a pc card. I plan to go DSL on my desktop which will have a router. What type of card do I need for my laptop? An ethernet card? Network card? Also, I've been told that this card needs to be removed each time I shutdown the computer. Is this...

View more questions Search