Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtt531 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Day & Night heater blower fan constantly running
    Carrier Day & Night Heater Model# 394GAW000075
    System was working flawlessly up until this morning. I was moving some items around in the basement and somehow managed to disconnect one of the t-stat wires, leading into the heater. After reconnecting, turning the system on simply runs the blower with no ignition fire. I replaced the t-stat; no difference. I inspected the circuit board and did not see any blade fuses or other removable fuses. The slow-blow fuse installed at the power switch is intact as well. Suggestions??
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 02:38 PM
    You landed the disconnected wire on the wrong screw or post.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 27, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Possibly damaged the transformer,

Some control boards will run blower continuously when 24 volt power is dead
    gtt531 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. The problem was in fact the transformer. Replaced the old fella for $18 bucks and all is well.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 28, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gtt531
    Thanks for the feedback. The problem was in fact the transformer. Replaced the old fella for $18 bucks and all is well.

Your welcome we try,
    serg_e Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2009, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by juggallojed View Post
    possably damaged the transformer,

some control boards will run blower continously when 24 volt power is dead
    Hi,

I have the same problem with my Carrier 58SXA060 unit. The transformer is good and there is 25 VAC on the output. Checked the relays – seem to be OK, tried the contacts – they have not got stuck. No voltage on the HFR relay (normally closed) coil.

I appreciate if you can help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Janitrol gas heater blower running constantly [ 6 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE! I have an old Janitrol FHS90-25 natural gas heater that fan motor blows constantly. Don't know much about heaters. Removed access panel and can just see motor. Can't physically find limit switch and can I still get parts? Heater under house - very hard to get to. Just bought this...

Trane furnace - no heat, constantly running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 80. The furnace constantly runs without the burners on. However, I don't believe it is the fan that is running. I turn the fan off at the thermostat, however, it continues to run. The only way to shut it off is throw the breaker. Once I throw the breaker and leave it off for a...

Water heater constantly running [ 3 Answers ]

I noticed that the water sounded like it was always heating, and this morning I realized that the water meter was spinning like crazy. I believe the water heater may be gone. Does anyone have any idea, or ever experienced this problem?

Condensing Unit Frozen and Running Constantly [ 6 Answers ]

For a couple weeks now I've noticed that the pipes leading from one of the outside condensing units had ice around them. This morning I opened up the unit and found ice around the compressor, too. Another thing that I've been noticing is that the fan will run all the time even if I turn off the...

Heater blower turns off after running for couple of hours [ 3 Answers ]

I have a trane xl80 furnace. It was working fine till a week back when I woke up one morning smelling some kind of strange smell (not exactly a burnt smell but similar). I found the furnace working and the blower was off. I realized that to be problem and hence turned the heater off. The fan would...

View more questions Search