Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wheels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 10:38 AM
    Very loud pilot
    I have a 30+ year old Bryant furnace in which the furnace would not kick on. We called a local heating service and they replaced the gas valve with a Honeywell VR8200A 2132 dual valve standing pilot combination gas control. Furnace works great, but now the pilot light is extremely loud. So loud we can not sleep. When furnace kicks on, it quiets down, or is drowned out by the blower noise?? The technician told us the orifice is too large and we need a new pilot assembly. The pilot was working fine before and you could not even hear it. What gives? Did they install the wrong part?? Mike
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Have him adjust the piolt gas pressure.
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 27, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Did he remove the 2 wire pilot safety and jam a thermocouple into the old pilot assembly?

He may have had to turn up the pilot to make that old pilot assembly work.

Due to age of furnace ,I would have recommended a new furnace, rather than expensive
    Bandaids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does putting gas hot water heater dial on PILOT put pilot light out? [ 5 Answers ]

My gas hot water heater dial has OFF to the left, PILOT in the middle and ON to the right. If we are going away and want to not have the water heated can we just turn the dial to PILOT and the flame will stay lit but just won't heat the water or does the flame go out completely and then PILOT would...

Just Got a new furnace, very LOUD [ 14 Answers ]

My 25 year old home needed new furnaces. The main floor is about 2600 sq ft and the upstairs 1000 sq ft. There is 2 HVAC systems, one larger than the other. Yesterday we had them both replaced with Goodman 80% furnaces and upgraded to variable speed fan. We also got new compressors and...

Pilot light stays on but pilot switch keeps resetting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a baso L62AA-5 pilot switch and it used to keep resetting. I would hold the switch down for a good minute and the gas lights, but after a half an hour or so it would go back to its reset position. The standing pilot light was always on and never a problem. After a few days of manually...

Loud Laugh [ 2 Answers ]

So the general consensus is that loud girls tend towards the obnoxious side and are simply grabbing for attention by raising their volume levels. But what about a girl with a loud laugh--when she's genuinely laughing, it happens to be loud--is that such a bad thing?

Loud music [ 3 Answers ]

I rent out a house to 2 tenants. The upstairs tenants are complaining that the downstairs tenants plays her music too loud. How do I handle this? Is there a letter availabcle to sent about petty issues.

View more questions Search