Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChicagoMom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Carrier furnace blower no shut off except power
    I have a carrier furnace. The blower is not shutting off, even when the thermostat is set to off. Could it be the thermostat unit? The relay? The circuit board on the carrier? A fan switch somewhere? Where is the best place to start diagnosing this problem? And in what order should it be done? Thank you for any guidance you can offer.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Defective fan switch or relay
    juggallojed Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Nov 27, 2007, 07:25 PM
    Fan switch at t-stat in on position?

Fault codes present? Need more info please
    ChicagoMom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2007, 05:10 PM
    Well, it turns out there is a reset switch on the triangular flue. A circuit seemed to have tripped this reset switch for unknown reasons. I was reading the schematics of a carrier furnace similar to mine and they showed two reset switches in the lower blower unit. After taking out the blower unit and NOT finding any reset switches, I called a serviceman. Watching him check the circuit board, wires, etc. and seeing him find this reset switch was almost unbelievable. He hit the reset and the furnace blower stopped and the flames went into where they belong and then the blower went on and worked fine ever since. Good thing, too, because everything on the circuit board is soddered and would have to be replaced. Parts roughly 200 plus labor. Luckily my serviceman is an honest hard working soul and only charged me half of the call fee because of it being such a silly fix. Thanks to all who tried to help. It's cold in Chicago and I couldn't wait any longer to get the fix on my own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace blower motor won't turn off [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Carrier central air and furnace(furnace model 58GS050-3), it was built around November, 1985. It has carrier air conditioner indoor cooling coils box model 28AC030-911 laid on top of the furnace. Everything was working until one week ago. Now with the thermostat off and the fan set to...

Intertherm Furnace blower will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Intertherm Furnace I live in a mobil home. The appliance Number is F000829379 We tuned it on for the first time this winter and it made some noises. The heat works fine but the blower motor comes on the minute you turn on the furnace and won't shut off. It is no longer making any...

Carrier furnace blower fan doesn't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my carrier furnace the blower fan that circulates air through the duct work doesn't stop running Thanks jim

Furnace blower will not shut off [ 4 Answers ]

I just lit my pilot light for my furnace. And turned it on. Now the blower will not shut off when I have the thermostat set on auto, or even when I switch it off. I have to go downstairs and switch the main power switch off. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. It gave me no trouble all...

View more questions Search