Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KOWBOY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Goodman furnace igniter stays on 20 sec with pilot light
    Have a Goodman forced air unit in my garage, was used only now and then, a while ago it started this... turn furnace on and igniter comes on and lights pilot then stops for a second then comes back on for about 20-30 seconds... all this time pilot is light and strong... then igniter stops and burners light to create heat... I have fully insulated my garage now and plan on heating it through the winter... this cycle happens every time the furnace is called on for heat... I am thinking maybe sensor at pilot is covered with soot.. model number on furnace is GDI075-3revs serial 901191122 it is about 15-18 years old... besides this clicking sound at start up it works fine... Help... Thank You
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Clean or replace the pilot/ignition sensor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light stays on but pilot switch keeps resetting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a baso L62AA-5 pilot switch and it used to keep resetting. I would hold the switch down for a good minute and the gas lights, but after a half an hour or so it would go back to its reset position. The standing pilot light was always on and never a problem. After a few days of manually...

Goodman furnace will not ignite [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I just bought this goodman furnace Followed the directions to convert it to lp gas. Put it on so the heat will kick on. The blower blows and the ignitor glows but doesn't ignite the flame. Now I lit it with a torch it lights but it is a horrible yellow flame. Does anybody have any...

Furnace Pilot stays lit continuously [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace pilot stays lit continuously Even though it states inside of the furnace and I quote "Pilot will light automatically when there is a call for heat. NOTE during thermostat off cycle main burners and PILOT flame are both extinguisehd. I have gotten many rude response that say that's...

Goodman furnace [ 2 Answers ]

My Goodman furnace will light and then go out. This will occur 3 times, then will quit running. The control board blinks 1 time and tells me to Check Gas flow, gas pressure, gas valve, and flame sensor. It seems to have gas going to the valve. Could this be a bad gas valve? Or a bad Flame...

View more questions Search