Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    22babar22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 11:27 PM
    Penis lump, possibly masturbation incident?
    Hey, to start, I'm a growing man at the age of 16. Anyway to be on topic, I have been masturbating frequently (once a day atleast) and everything was going along as usual. However, Thursday (nov 22) I noticed a semi white hard bump on the front (looking down its on that side of the penis) near the top of the penis (under the sulcus(sp?)) Not only did I notice this, but I saw that the left region has semi swelled up, and I can feel loose ish muscle of some sort. Now no pain has occurred at all, although if I push on the bump in a certain direction it does give a tiny bit of pain. I have a slight reason for why this has happened, and it may be due to my masturbation techniques. I get a lubriciant and usually rub the top of penis a lot. I have a feeling I tore or possibly sprained my penis. I would like any feedback on this, and my last resort is, I am going to wait till Sunday, if nothing changes I'm going to tell my mother and consult a doctor, unless some of you feel I should go sooner. Thanks a lot for any help, I REALLY appreciate this sensitive topic. :)
    MMJenkins Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 22babar22
    Hey, to start off, im a growing man at the age of 16. Anyways to be on topic, I have been masturbating frequently (once a day atleast) and everything was going along as usual. However, thursday (nov 22) i noticed a semi white hard bump on the front (looking down its on that side of the penis) near the top of the penis (under the sulcus(sp?)) Not only did i notice this, but i saw that the left region has semi swelled up, and i can feel loose ish muscle of some sort. Now no pain has occured at all, although if i push on the bump in a certain direction it does give a tiny bit of pain. I have a slight reason for why this has happened, and it may be due to my masturbation techniques. I get a lubriciant and usually rub the top of penis alot. I have a feeling i tore or possibly sprained my penis. I would like any feedback on this, and my last resort is, I am going to wait till sunday, if nothing changes im going to tell my mother and consult a doctor, unless some of you feel i should go sooner. Thanks alot for any help, i REALLY appreciate this sensitive topic. :)
    Absolutely tell your mother and check with a dr.

This could be something simple like an infection due to the lubricant

BUT... it could also be something more serious like an abscess which can be very dangerous (fatal and possibly quickly fatal).

Please have this checked immediately.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 12:56 AM
    If you had sprained or torn your penis, you wouldn't be typing right now, just crying on the floor.

Definitely see a doctor, it may be cyst or something.
    digger1 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
    It could be a harmless cyst, an infection or any number of things. Get it checked out, you don't even have to say you have been masturbating, the doctor may ask and if s/he does, do tell the truth, but it may be caused by something else, even your diet, don't get freaked, I know men that masturbate daily and sometimes more often, especially in the teen years, its all experimentation-hey its better than having unprotected sex and getting something from someone else right? Masturbating is generally safe and considered medically sexually normal, the doctor won't be grossed out and you shouldn't be ashamed about it either. Humans are sexual, sexuality is what makes people, exploring that is healthy. Knowing what you like and how your penis works is being very mature and aware of yourself.
    22babar22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2007, 10:32 PM
    Well just to update, I have not seen any changes, whether it be clearing up nor growing. I'm planning to tell my mum about it tomorrow, but can anyone let me know what the process is like with the doctor? Its my first time doing this and of course I am a tad nervous
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2007, 11:52 PM
    They'll ask you when you noticed it, if it hurts, if it changes, probably look at it, maybe try to drain it with a needle, which they'd probably give you an anesthetic for, but I don't think that is likely to happen. You shouldn't worry, the doctor will take good care of you.

Nov 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Many very good points from the attached post...

You should be happy with your body (and it sounds like you're very self-confident, which is good for you & your self esteem), ; masturbating is a normal practice for most young (and older men). It is perfectly healthy and normal...

BUT, if you have concerns about anything that looks or feels abnormal, it's best to keep an eye on it and if it persists for more than a week or so, get it checked out.

And, as I mentioned before, get your Mom, or parent(s) involved if it's a medical concern. They will be supportive- parents are there to love and care for you and will help you with your concerns (whether financially and/or in spirit) if at all possible.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by digger1
    It could be a harmless cyst, an infection or any number of things. Get it checked out, you don't even have to say you have been masturbating, the doctor may ask and if s/he does, do tell the truth, but it may be caused by something else, even your diet, don't get freaked, I know men that masturbate daily and sometimes more often, especially in the teen years, its all experimentation-hey its better than having unprotected sex and getting something from someone else right? Masturbating is generally safe and considered medically sexually normal, the doctor won't be grossed out and you shouldn't be ashamed about it either. Humans are sexual, sexuality is what makes people, exploring that is healthy. Knowing what you like and how your penis works is being very mature and aware of yourself.

Nov 28, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Many very good points from the attached post...

You should be happy with your body (and it sounds like you're very self-confident, which is good for you & your self esteem), ; masturbating is a normal practice for most young (and older men). It is perfectly healthy and normal...

BUT, if you have concerns about anything that looks or feels abnormal, it's best to keep an eye on it and if it persists for more than a week or so, get it checked out.

And, as I mentioned before, get your Mom, or parent(s) involved if it's a medical concern. They will be supportive- parents are there to love and care for you and will help you with your concerns (whether financially and/or in spirit) if at all possible.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by digger1

Nov 28, 2007, 10:40 PM
    The doctor will feel and look at the lump. He or she will also feel it to determine if it's hard or soft (possibly by pusing on it and / or pinching it).
    If it is soft, it may be something similar to a clogged pore or a pimple - which may be able to be treated with a topical ointment.
    If it is hard, it could be a cyst or abscess. If this is the case, they'll apply a topical which will eliminate or reduce any discomfort you may feel with the removal of fluid through a needle.
    It could also be a wart. If you are prone to warts or have them in another location, it's possible to have them appear on your genitals. This would be treated as any wart such as with ointment or treated at a Dr. office with a topical pain reliever and / or by freezing it off.

Good idea to have it checked if it concerns you. Best of luck & please let us kow how everything works out if you don't mind sharing. It may help another person out there!
    MYDEARFRIEND Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2009, 06:22 PM

You might want to hold back on masturbating for a while if you are using any creams or other medication, as masturbating may slow down the healing process, I have seen a few questions on this topic so may be check out the answers that have been posted on this problem as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on penis [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is jon, I am a 16 year old male. I have had a lump on the head of my penis since I can remember, I started noticing it in 5th grade. I have asked the doctors a couple times and they said it was nothing to be too worried about, considering I have no pain and its causing no problems with...

Lump on Penis [ 12 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I have recently found a pee sized lump on my penis. Its near the bottom of the penis on the left side. I've never had sex or anything that could give me an STD. I'm scared about this and I'm very shy to tell someone about this. I haven't had it for a long time but its still...

Lump On My Penis [ 1 Answers ]

I have had a sort of lump on the right side of my penis since I was around 10 and I'm 16 now and it is still there. It is like a curve on the top right side of my penis and it is not that one disease I read about with the vein and the non-cancerous tumor so what could it be?

Lump on penis [ 6 Answers ]

I have a lump on my penis, it is in the middle, it is really scaring me and I don't want to go to a docter please replyy, I need your guyzes help!!

View more questions Search