Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muziti Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Toshiba laptop
    I have a window vista home basic operating system laptop
    When I open it ,it loads all its operation and it logs in( accepts user
    Name and passward ) and it has only a black screen with a visible curser .
    It doesnot go further( I mean it doesnot show the task bar with start menu and
    All the desktop icons);

So can you help me find out the solution please..
    sypherecho Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 06:56 AM
    There is a possibility that the OS(vista) is corrupted. Have you tried doing a recovery? Using the Toshiba Recovery Disk and Applications
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2008, 11:51 PM
    Is it still under warranty? if so I would take it back to the retailer and ask them to fix it.
    hardhatinc Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 09:03 AM
    If you loaded the OS yourself, then the laptop may not be compatible with Vista. If it came with Vista loaded, then contact the manufacturer or place of purchase.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Toshiba Laptop Backlight get dark [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My Laptop: Toshiba Satellite 1115 - S103 Backlight get dark even I've already tried to adjust the brightness to max. light but it is still dark. I connected an external monitor to my Laptop then it displays normal (very bright). I've heard from friends that the inverter (what's this?) is...

Toshiba Laptop Malfunction. Do I have a case? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't quite understand how this could have happened. I took the la[ptop a couple months ago to Best Buy for some work. They said more needed to be done with it. It came back 3 weeks later. I lost valuable school time, and failed a class because of it. That's not the reason I'm writing. I...

Toshiba Laptop Coms Password [ 1 Answers ]

My Toshiba Satilite 4010 laptop is asking for password as soon as it starts. How to come out of this? Help.

Toshiba Laptop BIOS Password Cracker [ 15 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have Toshiba Satellite 1800 Laptop. The Laptop has a BIOS password that I didn't know. When my company bought it for me it was set by a password. No one knows what the password is. Could you please Help me on this. I've tried a lot including resetin by using the parellel port....

View more questions Search