Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harris1497 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Constant pain, fatigue, pins/needles sensation etc
    Hello. I am a 27 year old female and getting pretty frustrated. For the past few years I have been struggling with muscle pain (mainly in my back and neck), skin rash, diarrhea, fatigue, pins and needles in my legs/feet, and at times dizziness. I have had mri's, cat scans, blood work, etc and nothing is being found. It's not that I'm wanting them to find something, but I would like them to find out why I am feeling the way I'm feeling so they can fix it! Does anyone have any suggestions. The pain in my back is a constant ache and burning feeling.
    cheeree325 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 26, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Sounds like the pins and needles, back and neck pain might be a pinched nerve.
    Karinski Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Hi!
    Two thoughts: It sounds rheumatological -as I'm sure a million doctors have told you : ) Based on experience (I have "inflammatory" arthritis that is either RA, Lupus, or even still MS) find a rheumatologist who will let you try the med most likely to help. Turns out, you don't need a diagnosis to get the most basic meds. I suffered for YEARS. Now I take Plaquenil - used in RA, Lupus and other conditions - and I feel so much better, I can bend my hands, fewer rashes, even less hair falling out. So search out a Dr and ask, what is the medication most likely to help my symptoms? Then demand a 1 or 2 month trial on that med. If it doesn't work it can help you eliminate some conditions.

Second, find a GOOD pain doctor for your back/neck. Serious pain docs do all sorts of things other than write prescriptions - injections and specialized PT, even specialized surgery. See if a good pain doc can help, then you can remove that from your list of symptoms which will help narrow down the first issue too. Good luck!

I've been, unfortunately, ill with multiple things at one time and it makes getting a diagnosis very hard - is the headache from this or that? And so on. I hope you find an answer and some good solid doctors to work with.

Good Luck,

Karinski

If you live in the Bay Area, CA let me know, I can give you the name of an incredible pain doc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Needles and nursing [ 2 Answers ]

Im going to be going into the nursing field pretty soon and I am very excited about it. I've always known that I wanted to be in a profession in which helping people was a key issue. I am somewhat nervous though. I hate getting MY blood taken, I cry every time I have to get it taken or when I have...

Constant fatigue [ 14 Answers ]

I am so tired all of the time, I can’t seem to cope with working. I come home and I just want to go to sleep straight away. If it wasn’t for my boyfriend I doubt I would manage to even eat dinner. Sometimes I just cry myself to sleep I’m so physically exhausted. When I’m on my course full time I...

Weird pins and needles! [ 11 Answers ]

Why do I have pins and needles in my head?? X

Olympic pins [ 1 Answers ]

I have a collection of 1996 olympic pins.. and I would like to know how to find out how much they are worth I may be interested in selling them.

Pine needles [ 1 Answers ]

I have clumps of pine needles and pine cones that fell from a red pine tree Covering the ground. The clumps look like they were chopped off the tree. There is only 2 pine trees that this is happening to. There is a lot of clumps Covering the ground. It looks like someone covered the grass...

View more questions Search