Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Farmerjohn692000 Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

Nov 26, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Gurgling Drains 2
    Well I went and bought the snake, I did as far from the shower trap as the snake would go, I did the kitchen drain in, and went in from the vents on the roof. All clear, I still have the same problem, I filled kitchen sink up and drain and still gurgled water in the bathroom sink. Grrr. Any suggestions:confused:
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Nov 26, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Does the bathroom drain-drain clearly if that makes sense?

Nov 26, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerjohn692000
    Well i went and bought the snake, i did as far from the shower trap as the snake would go, i did the kitchen drain in, and went in from the vents on the roof. all clear, i still have the same problem, i filled kitchen sink up and drain and still gurgled water in the bathroom sink. Grrr. Any suggestions:confused:
    The bathroom drain drains clearly, but the other night my wife said the tub gurgles a little. And when large amounts of water go down the sink drain it gurlges the sink drain

Nov 26, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Can you snake down the bath tub train? I'm trying my best to figure it out with out seeing it it makes it a little tougher.

Nov 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Well i went and bought the snake, i did as far from the shower trap as the snake would go, i did the kitchen drain in, and went in from the vents on the roof. all clear, i still have the same problem, i filled kitchen sink up and drain and still gurgled water in the bathroom sink. Grrr. Any suggestions:confused:
    Yep I snaked it almost 20 feet from trap down to drain and it seems clear

Nov 26, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Do you have a cleanout somewhere in your house, its like the main drain pipe with a fairly large cap, if you know where that is have you snaked that out yet?

Nov 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
    I know where that is, but my house has a drain in the back yard for the shower and sink, and a drain on the road for the other water, and the main line goes from the toilet to the septic

Nov 26, 2007, 11:54 AM
    I'm running out of options, I applogize that I can't help you any further with this one, hope fully one of the other pro's on this site can help you, I'll watch your site to see how you do. Sorry Again.

Nov 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
    No problem jack dandy you gave it a try
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2007, 12:08 PM
    i know where that is, but my house has a drain in the back yard for the shower and sink, and a drain on the road for the other water, and the main line goes from the toilet to the septic
    I would go outside and check the drains there -- snake back through these lines

From outside and cover end with screen that has grid of about 3/8 "

Working from the inside of the house out

Another method would be a blow bag -- you have to seal off all drains

That share that line except for one where blow bag is used -- it expands

And forces water down drain... I would use a garden hose to get water

To it but have a shut off valve in line near blow bag -- this gives you better

Control and is less messy -- make sure fittings seal to avoid leaks

Hope this helps -- Please rate my answer

Nov 26, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I'll try snaking outside in, I hope that works if it doesn't I guess I will have to call a plumber
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Nov 26, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Gurgling drains means blocked vent. You may have snaked the vent but not far enough. When snaking from the roof you need enough snake to reach roof top to basement floor plus 10-15 ft more. The gurgling noise is actually air venting itself back through your drain because it can't get up the normal vent pipe to the roof.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Gurgling Drains [ 5 Answers ]

Every time my wife runs the Dishwasher or drains water from the Kitchen sink, water gurgles up from the bathroom sink. Also the tub water drains very slowly there appears to be no clog in the tub to trap. Please help me if you know:confused: :confused:

Downstairs drains gurgling, suds come up from upstairs [ 5 Answers ]

Is my roof vent clogged? The downstairs drains in the kitchen and bathroom sinks gurgle and suds come up in them from the upstairs sinks when they are drained. Also the downstairs toilet makes a big bubble when flushed, and needs flushing twice. Advice, please.

Drains smell from all drains in house - specifically kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me before I call in the professionals, as I like to try and deal with things myself. I've just moved into a new house and it has some bad drain smells. Primarily, but not exclusively these are emanating from the kitchen. They don't smell...

Drains backing up, only when washing machine drains [ 2 Answers ]

My tubs are backing up only when my washing machine drains. I thought it was my sewer line and used an auger to clear that, but it's still happening. Could I need a new washer? This one is over 10 years old.

Gurgling Perhaps? [ 3 Answers ]

New to this, but from what I have read, this is the right place to be. New Home, so I would assume that there is no clogging. When we flush a toilet in one bathroom (upstairs), gurgling occurrs. We can hear it from the shower drains (both of the upstairs' showers). Air pockets are emitted...

View more questions Search