Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amitsaxena Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 02:40 AM
    How to gain self confidence and how to maintain that ?
    How to gain self confidence and how to maintain that for future ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 02:57 AM
    Hello, amitsaxena!

So, what is it now that you are having trouble with as far as self-confidence?
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 03:10 AM
    Please remember that like you, I am a performer of music. Also, I hope that you remembered some of the things that last time that we visited together.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Hello a:

Fake it till you make it. What?? You think WE'RE not doing that?

excon
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Nov 27, 2007, 01:00 PM
    Try it, act self confident, see how people react to you. Just as good as the real thing... so, now you do feel more self confident. Ex cons got it going on!
    theecontessa Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
    Learn to appreciate the good things in your life, including you:)
    Magdalena Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Dec 3, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Hi,
    Self confidence begins in your head. Extremely powerful are your thoughts in your own mind.
    Start to think "I can" instead "I can't.
    Magdalena
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 03:42 PM
    To others posting, and for some background, please see https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/person...ge-152621.html
    jake99 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Nothing builds self confidence like being in a good relationship, just got to find the confidence to ask someone you like out, try book 'the aladdin factor' by jack canfield, it's a goodun.
    clinton mccoy Posts: 47, Reputation: 15

Dec 15, 2007, 09:17 PM
    There are different ways to build self confidence. One of the things have done was to, simply, start over. Starting with some introspection.If you do not understand yourself there can be no real self confidence. You must understand your strengths,weaknesses,and limitations in the quest for real self confidence. Take all the information you have gathered throughout your life and try to make your descions basted on the accumulation of that knowledge. Take small steps with this, before you know it you will be running. Prepare for some stumbles,but keep your head up! I would throw those stumbles into your lake of knowledge, you are gathering for yourself.The more experiances in that lake the more information you can draw from. Becareful when you gain confidence in yourself keeping all the same friends might not be easy. Have fun on your journey it's a good one!

Dec 24, 2007, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clinton mccoy
    There are different ways to build self confidence. One of the things have done was to, simply, start over. Starting with some introspection.If you do not understand yourself there can be no real self confidence. You must understand your strengths,weaknesses,and limitations in the quest for real self confidence. Take all the information you have gathered thoughout your life and try to make your descions basted on the accumulation of that knowledge. Take small steps with this, before you know it you will be running. Prepare for some stumbles,but keep your head up! I would throw those stumbles into your lake of knowledge, you are gathering for yourself.The more experiances in that lake the more information you can draw from. Becareful when you gain confidence in yourself keeping all the same friends might not be easy. Have fun on your journey its a good one!!
    Thank you everyone...
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 12:12 AM
    So, are you feeling more self-confident now?

Dec 24, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    So, are you feeling more self-confident now?
    Hello Mr.Clough

I don't know how , but after discussing my first question with you, I felt some change within me , and I observed myself in public appearances , that I am feeling more confident... Even I got the complements from the official Band lead... that " Amit you are looking more confident now then ever before..... "

I think I have stepped in to the right track now... Thanks to all who suggested so many tips and tricks. A special thanks to you too for helping me coming out of my problem...
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amitsaxena
    Hello Mr.Clough

I dont know how , but after discussing my first question with you, I felt some change within me , and I observed myself in public appearances , that I am feeling more confident... Even I got the complements from the official Band lead......that " Amit you are looking more confident now then ever before..... "

I think I have stepped in to the right track now ... Thanks to all who suggested so many tips and tricks. A special thanks to you too for helping me coming out of my problem...
    Hey, thanks a lot! Ever onward and ever upward! :) It really does take practice. Are you having more performances than you used to? I know that I will get more self-confident when I have more performances.

Dec 24, 2007, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hey, thanks a lot! Ever onward and ever upward! :) It really does take practice. Are you having more performances than you used to? I know that I will get more self-confident when I have more performances.
    Actually it is not the performances.. but yes now I can sing any where I am asked to... be it a gathering of 10 people or 100 people :-) so that much of confidence I think I have gained till now... In last few days... I attended some 6 or 7 small parties and everywhere I sang.. and got lots of appreciation also... I feel more confident now then before..

I observed now my performance in front of the people is much more better then before :-)
    cheese124 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Dec 24, 2007, 01:26 AM
    I think if u be yourself and if some doesn't like you then there loss.
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 01:37 AM
    Originally Posted by Clough
    Hey, thanks a lot! Ever onward and ever upward! It really does take practice. Are you having more performances than you used to? I know that I will get more self-confident when I have more performances.
    Actually it is not the performances.. but yes now I can sing any where I am asked to... be it a gathering of 10 people or 100 people :-) so that much of confidence I think I have gained till now... In last few days... I attended some 6 or 7 small parties and everywhere I sang.. and got lots of appreciation also... I feel more confident now then before..

I observed now my performance in front of the people is much more better then before :-)
    That's great! I used to have such fear of being in front of people, that if I had to go up a flight of stairs to the room where I needed to speak or perform musically for them, I would go up and then go back down the stairs right away. My self-confidence was that bad. I did eventually go back up the stairs and do what I needed to do. But, it was really hard.

I can now speak or do a performance in front of 1,200 people with no problem. It doesn't mean that I'm not nervous, but that because of the practice and getting used to being in front of that many people, my self-confidence is where it should be.

Even the best musical artists in the world still get nervous before a performance. If they weren't at least a little nervous, they would play or sing as well.

You and I are living proof that such fears can be overcome!
    arjitashukla Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 03:32 AM
    Hi Amit,

Do some SEVA means help to other person I think that's will help u to gaining the confidence
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2007, 03:44 AM
    Originally Posted by arjitashukla
    Hi Amit,

Do some SEVA means help to other person I think that's will help u to gaining the confidence
    What's SEVA, please?
    clinton mccoy Posts: 47, Reputation: 15

Dec 24, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Thankyou everyone....
    "Passing on knowledge that will help someone else, will help the passer even more" _Clinton Mccoy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL80 Can't Maintain Flame [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 furnace. Basically, when it receives a call for heat, it ignites but cannot maintain the flame. As soon as the flame ignites (or within 10 seconds), it cuts off the gas flow and starts the ignition process again. It does this until the furnace locks out. Sometimes (probably 10%...

What else can I do to maintain my emotional and mental health? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to do the best I can. At the momment I am going threw WIT, a program for abused women. I am trying my best to do what is best for myself and what is right.

How to maintain Good Biceps [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I am worried about my biceps... Even though I lift good weights.. my Biceps and triceps are not growing good enough.. Currently I'm lifting weights up to 12.5 kgs.. Can anyone guide me so that I can maintain good Biceps and triceps.. help me out

Can I gainweight but maintain fitness? [ 1 Answers ]

I like to train my cardio a lot so I run 2 sprint sessions and 3 7 mile runs a week, but desperately need to gain weight for my basketball which I take very serious. If I try to gain weight can I still maintain my fitness ? P.S. I'm 9 stone and need to get to about 10 and a half.

Doesn't maintain contact but want to go to motel [ 12 Answers ]

Now this is very strange... My boyfriend of 4 months with whom I broke merely because of his hot and cold attitude, comes around again and wants to meet me at the motel and says wants to spend some time together. Now I am wondering someone who is not contacting me that much, doesn't text me often...

View more questions Search