Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LumpyOne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2007, 10:01 PM
    Need Fuse for Trane XE900 Weathertorn Heat Pump
    Were can I get a 300 volt fuse for the Trane XE900? It's the small metal and glass one, looks like an automotive fuse.

The following places don't have one;
    The Home Depot
    Orchard Supply
    Lowe's
    Ace Hardware
    True Value
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 26, 2007, 12:21 AM
    Any Trane dealer will have them. OR read the fine numbers and see what the amperage is and if it is the same size as a auto fuse go get one from a auto parts store.
    LumpyOne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Comment on hvac1000's post
    Yes, LOL found the same fuse at Kragen for $4.00 vs: Trane OEM $16.00, thanks!
    Allen4Val Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2009, 05:17 PM
    Post 2 years old

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Musty smell from new trane ac/heat pump not constant [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We had a new trane 5 ton two compressor ac/heat pump installed last Sept. 26. About two weeks ago we noticed a really strong, musty smell coming from the vents. It was a hot day, over 90, and my husband had had the unit in the fan on all the time setting. The smell is only there when the...

Replaced Transformer on Trane heat pump still no power [ 5 Answers ]

Today I woke to no power to thermostst. Through this site I found out about the transformer. Check power to transformer good 120volts each wire. But no voltage out. Replaced transformer. Wired red to red and white to white incoming power. And blut to black blue and red to black red out coming....

Trane XL80 w heat pump system [ 4 Answers ]

1990 Heater: Trane XL80 w\ original Trane A\C - heat pump 1990 Thermostat: Trane Weathertron Last year, problem began occurring whereby our heater will not lite unless we switch to 'emergency heat'. Then, the heater unit will ignite and the heat pump eventually shuts off, making our system...

Trane Heat Pump tstat replacement with Honeywell prog - wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace my Trane Weathertron tstat with a Honeywell RTH7400 prog one. I have a Trane heat pump with aux heat. I've been poring over these thread piece-mealing some info the follow is the result. The old wiring scheme: X2 - black O - orange G - green Y - yellow T - tan/brown R -...

Heat Pump and burned fuse - Need HELP? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a problem with our heat pump. The last 2 days we have noticed a burning smell downstairs and were trying to locate where it was coming from. Narrowed it down to the heat hump. Vacuumed the unit out and replaced the filter yesterday. This morning had the same problem. Seems to happen...

View more questions Search